Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi NORMSKI fixed the windows all ok now. when you mentiond dissconnecting the battery i have'nt but i go abroad for 11 weeks + twice a year and when i get back the battery is allways flat this is what caused i think, question any way off preventing the battery going flat ... (the van) is a 54 plate with 12000 miles don't use it much.. only gets wet in the car wash!!, THANKS ONCE AGAIN NORMSKI

No probs matey! Might also want to check the sunroof as well - the "one touch" on that would have also gone! :)

yes got thr sunroof aswell one of the things i pressed to get the windows going was the seat back, tilt under the steering wheel. the seat still tilts even if the switch is in or out. regards

No probs matey! Might also want to check the sunroof as well - the "one touch" on that would have also gone! :)

yes got thr sunroof aswell one of the things i pressed to get the windows going was the seat back, tilt under the steering wheel. the seat still tilts even if the switch is in or out. regards

You could get a Battery security disable switch that disconnects the Battery by unscrewing a large nut/knob or removing it altogether. It just means you neeed to reset your windows etc, but it might be worth it!

I keep a portable jump start box in the car as this has happened many times, esp if i leave the key in the ignition switch.

I have just had a new Battery under warranty as I was fed up of it going flat!!!

Lexus agreed it was faulty!!!

Billy

If you are leaving a car for an extended period and it is in a garage with power, you can get an Accumate trickle charger. This attaches either directly to the Battery, or even just into a cigar lighter socket (with a very thin cable coming out of the car door). It will then keep your Battery 'intelligently' topped up, compensating for any charge leaking from the Battery due to on board computers alarms etc. Cost about £45 and used by classic car enthusiasts everywhere (or generally 'winterise' their vehciles and use them summer only). Just a thought.

If you are leaving a car for an extended period and it is in a garage with power, you can get an Accumate trickle charger. This attaches either directly to the battery, or even just into a cigar lighter socket (with a very thin cable coming out of the car door). It will then keep your battery 'intelligently' topped up, compensating for any charge leaking from the battery due to on board computers alarms etc. Cost about £45 and used by classic car enthusiasts everywhere (or generally 'winterise' their vehciles and use them summer only). Just a thought.

Yes - I use a similar device. However, on my 2000 RX300 it's not possible to charge it via the cigar lighter because that needs to have the ignition key inserted and turned. But it's very easy to attach to the Battery terminals. Indeed, my device came with 2 copper connectors with a short lead attached to a plastic connector. That can be permanently attached to the Battery, and remains under the bonnet. When charging, the lead from the device connects to the under-bonnet plastic connector. Works a charm: my 9 year old TT is on its original Battery, using this method.