Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cigarette Lighter Not Working Is200

No power supply from the cigarette lighter. Checked fuse and is OK. I cannot use my satnav as I cannot get power supply from elsewhere.

Any good suggestion on what to do. Can you lift the whole thing off the mid dashboard?

unscrew the gear the knob. and pull the whole thing out. if you search theres much bigger step by step guide on how to theake it out. fairly simple and check the wires

if there is power at the connector then the useable link in the base of the lighter socket has gone - u can see it and it is easily replaced with piece of wire if u feel inclined - if ur worried about fire etc but a new socket.

unscrew the gear the knob. and pull the whole thing out. if you search theres much bigger step by step guide on how to theake it out. fairly simple and check the wires

I have an auto gear box, would it work the same?

Yep, take off the gear knob, then carefully use something like a screwdriver (wrapped in some tape to protect the trim) to level up the chrome gear surround and it will pull up and off, including the cigarette lighter bit.

i have no idea. never been in an auto mate.

It could be that using the sat nav power plug that has caused the problem.

I have the same problem on mine and was told that the 'fat' power plug has over time prized open the connections.

What you may need to do is perhaps using something plastic or wooden, close up the connections to make a tighter fit.

Not yet had a chance to try it myself.

Had the same prob with mine, just removed cig lighter and found that the wire brtween the two points had broke just resoldered a new wire to the connectors and bingo...!

Had the same prob with mine, just removed cig lighter and found that the wire brtween the two points had broke just resoldered a new wire to the connectors and bingo...!

Thanks pal, hopefully it will be as straight forward as that. I'll try to open up tomorrow.