Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a feeling that this topic has come up before but I can't find it.

Today I received a letter from Lexus vehicle recalls relating to my 2006 Lexus IS250 Auto.

The key phrases are:- "we will check the vehicle and, if necessary, replace the electric power steering unit. At the same time we will inspect the condition of the rear brake calipers and perform a modification to prevent premature corrosion".

I have had no indication of any problem with the power steering. It seems to me to work perfectly. I have however noticed recently that when I first start the car from cold and engage a gear I get a "clonk" from the rear of the car. Could that be a caliper problem? I was about to report it to Lexus anyway so the letter was well timed.

The car is booked in at Milton Keynes on June 3rd - I will report progress.

Simple

1. The rear calipers need a rubber sleaves replaced on the pins not a big job as they just split due to wear (same problem on the Audi A6)

2. Steering rack issue very minor fault but Lexus always take it seriously!

Should be done under warrenty!

Rgs

Ths Buz

Today I received a letter from Lexus vehicle recalls relating to my 2006 Lexus IS250 Auto.

The key phrases are:- "we will check the vehicle and, if necessary, replace the electric power steering unit. At the same time we will inspect the condition of the rear brake calipers and perform a modification to prevent premature corrosion".

I have had no indication of any problem with the power steering. It seems to me to work perfectly. I have however noticed recently that when I first start the car from cold and engage a gear I get a "clonk" from the rear of the car. Could that be a caliper problem? I was about to report it to Lexus anyway so the letter was well timed.

Just had mine done while in for yearly service by Lex Cambridge. Both steering & brakes had felt fine but steering had to be done as a preventative mod & only one of the rear calipers required changing which I can't really understand, surely if one has corroded then how long before the other side is need of attention, I bet that won't get repaired for nowt if it fails say in a years time.

By the way I still have not had any Lexus notification so if anyone out there has a 05/06 IS250 phone your dealer, that was the only way I found out I needed the mods doing.

My rack was changed today and the rear calipers inspected, not a 'recall' but a 'Customer Satisfaction Campaign' :winky: . Lexus Cheltenham changed the rear calipers under warranty in November because they had seized due to premature corrosion, but they were still obliged to carry out the inspection and replace the rubber gaiters.

The original rack hadn't given any problems at all, but looks like I'll be heading to WIM to ensure the geometry is OK now Lexus have replaced it.

My rack was changed today and the rear calipers inspected, not a 'recall' but a 'Customer Satisfaction Campaign' :winky: . Lexus Cheltenham changed the rear calipers under warranty in November because they had seized due to premature corrosion, but they were still obliged to carry out the inspection and replace the rubber gaiters.

The original rack hadn't given any problems at all, but looks like I'll be heading to WIM to ensure the geometry is OK now Lexus have replaced it.

The car went in this morning. It was inspected first to determine whether the rack needed changing and it did. They also did the rear calipers at the same time. The whole job was done in less than two hours - very efficient.

The drive home (about 10 miles) was fine.

It's a relief to know that the potential steering problem has been dealt with.

had the power steering replaced and one new rear caliper along with both new pads and disc's - result as the rear pads and possibily the disc's replaced at the next service .I had noticed that the brakes were not as sharp as they should be over the last few months ( comparing it to my B.M.W 320M sport auto) but now the IS feels good under braking .

The bad news from this is that I have been told that the front pads and disc' will need replacing at the next service ,could this wear be effected with the lack of rear breaking force - 31 k on the clock -the front pads and disc's were replaced at the 20k service (the disc's were replaced free of charged after a a fight with Lexus customer care).

anyway not moaning as good service from Lexus Bristol - had a look and drool over the ISF in the showroom - wow what a goog looking tool .

cheers

Swager

• 2 years later...

I have just had my power steering fail on my 2006 IS220. Local autospark tells me the Power Steering Control Unit needs replaced at a cost of approx £500/600. Has anyone had this problem or had their car recalled to rectify this problem.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links