Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anti-virus, Spyware, Firewall, Etc Security Software

Can you recommend some good (Windows XP and Vista) software and download sites please or direct me to tried and tested computer security forums, etc for accurate info

Any internet links for internet security guides, etc which you use, recommend too please. Thanks.

i have to agree with stav.

the old version was perfect, used next to no resource on any PC i saw it on. I installed the new version on a mates, admittedly old, desktop and it crippled it. Had to turn it off to get the computer to do anything.. Kaspersky seems to get good reviews and can be bought for about £25

fortunately i now use a MACBOOK mostly so im happy!!

the old version was perfect, used next to no resource on any PC i saw it on. I installed the new version on a mates, admittedly old, desktop and it crippled it. Had to turn it off to get the computer to do anything.

Are you sure you didn't inadvertently install a free trial version of the paid-for AVG software, which has a lot more in it therefore is a lot bigger ?

Kaspersky internet security....spybot S&D...Ad-Aware..and also Threatfire for sitting in your tool tray and checking and scanning etc each couple of weeks for Rootkits.....been running Kaspersky for a few years now and never had viruses,adware,spyware.etc....so very happy with it all....

the old version was perfect, used next to no resource on any PC i saw it on. I installed the new version on a mates, admittedly old, desktop and it crippled it. Had to turn it off to get the computer to do anything.

Are you sure you didn't inadvertently install a free trial version of the paid-for AVG software, which has a lot more in it therefore is a lot bigger ?

nope..

100 its the free version as it keeps asking if we want to 'upgrade' to the full version.

Kaspersky is what alot of it bods recommend.

Norton was a Pain to use but i beleive the new version is a lot better..

Stav, is it definitely AVG that's using all this memory ? You're looking at the actual size of the AVG processes via Process Explorer or similar, not just total free memory ?

Definetely AVG mate.

Its not all the time, but when it happens its so bloody annoying

I work for the 'world's local bank' :whistling: and if u open a simple crappy savings account u can register for free to do your banking online.

The real benfit is that for sum strange reason we are giving away 12months MacAfee anti-virus (Full Version) for FREE as a download just for being a customer!!!

MADNESS! :blink: