Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does anyone know of a fix.

When I listen to a cd, MK3GS by the way, and I press title info on the display, the title and track info displays but with no info.

This happens with any cd I'm listening to, it's no big deal but it would be good if I can get it to work!

Hi mate,

are you talking about shop bought CD's or ones you have burnt yourself ?

Most shop bought CD's won't have the CD-Text information on them (still can't believe this but it's true :o).

With ones you burn yourself, you need to make sure the ID3-Tag (hidden in the music file) has the correct

information, this should then be displayed when played through a suitable stereo that reads the ID3-Tag info.

This should be the same for Audio Cd's or for Mp3 CD's, but does depend on your burner being CD-Text

capable, and the burning software you are using.

I use a program called ID3-Tagit to alter/edit/add/remove etc the ID3-Tag info, but some programs you use

to rip files to your computer will name files for you automatically by searching the internet for the info :)

I hope this helps you :D

Hi mate,

are you talking about shop bought CD's or ones you have burnt yourself ?

Most shop bought CD's won't have the CD-Text information on them (still can't believe this but it's true :o).

With ones you burn yourself, you need to make sure the ID3-Tag (hidden in the music file) has the correct

information, this should then be displayed when played through a suitable stereo that reads the ID3-Tag info.

This should be the same for Audio Cd's or for Mp3 CD's, but does depend on your burner being CD-Text

capable, and the burning software you are using.

I use a program called ID3-Tagit to alter/edit/add/remove etc the ID3-Tag info, but some programs you use

to rip files to your computer will name files for you automatically by searching the internet for the info :)

I hope this helps you :D

Hi, yes they are bought CD's. I thought that they would have had the Info needed for the car to read it, oh well.

It would have been a nice feature but I suppose I can live without it. I have a new problem though, I will start a new topic!!!!!!

Thanks for your help!

You can get a freeware program called Audiograbber that can rip you CD collection to 320kbs Mp3,

and it will get all the required CD Text/ID3 Tag info. Then you can burn copies of your own CD's

that will then display all the correct information (cd burner/software permitting).

Alternatively if the '05 MK3 stereo plays MP3 Cd's, you can get approx 4 times as many tracks @320kbs

on a single CD and the sound quality difference will be negligable.......

If you need Audiograbber I can send it to you if you PM me your email address.

I use FreeRip to rip music from CDs to MP3 then burn MP3 CDs for the car.

Here's the sad bit. Each CD has around 15 Music CDs worth of music and I have a certain genre per MP3 CD. I then have a folder for each artist then a folder within that for each album by that artist.

Wait for it....the really, really sad bit is that I have a printed menu of music available in the glove box and in the pouches behind the front seats so all the passengers can argue over which of the 70 odd CDs they want to listen to.

BTW, can you tell much difference between 128Kb encoding and 320Kb? I've never really experimented.

Malc

Hi Malc, I would suggest a blind test is in order across several types of music :D

I would suggest the 128kbs tracks would have a more compressed soundstage, and lose some of the top end

clarity. Bass can also sound muddled and ill defined IMO. In a test in last months What Hi-Fi magazine, some

blind listening tests using readers as testers found people could tell the difference between 128kbs & 320kbs,

but less could tell the difference between 320kbs and some of the lossless formats (if at all).

My own personal preference is everything gets ripped & stored at 320kbs. Yes the file size is larger than 128/192/256kbs, but hard drives and personal Mp3 playes are down in price these days, so larger file storage space required

for the bigger file isn't the issue it once was. For the increase in file size to quality, it's a trade off well worth

making IMO. The difference on a good Mp3 capable Head Unit between 128kbs > CD is fairly obvious, 320kbs > CD

is really minimal.

It all depends on your ears, listening to music is a very personal matter as no matter how logical bigger is better

may sound in theory, if you can't tell the difference in a blind listening test, then go for what suits you :)

I think I may well try it when I get a bit of spare time. Secretly I hope I can't tell the difference because I've got around a hundred CDs ripsed to my PC at 128Kb. Don't fancy doing it all over again :(

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links