Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yay Got My Lexus

Final got my Lexus yesterday from Lincoln. I am very happy with it and it seems faster then the two other ones I have driven previously. :D Just a few issues with it though, first being it vibrates through the steering wheel when braking from motorway speeds :eerrrmm: yet it has brand new disk and pads. The second of which is the drive-line shunt in stop start traffic, is this a common thing with it been quite a big engine or should I get it checked. It is by no means massive but u can definitely fell it.

Other than the two little niggles I am very pleased with it and I cant wait for my next excuss to drive it. Just waiting for the weather to brighten up before I post some piccies.

Ps: it goes in for its manx test next week so fingers crossed it will pass otherwise Lexus Lincoln will get a very angry phone call.

I checked the front brakes and they are not sticking. However I did find a lot of corrosion on the face of the wheel were it meets the hub and the hub it self. I sanded it down which has helped a lot but still not perfect. Any more Ideas?

Whist the wheels were off I noticed the tire has started to delaminate on the inside wall. The worst thing is they are nearly new and not covered under pre owned lexus warranty :tsktsk:

Hello and welcome to LOC, hope the new car's all you want it to be. As a Manxman now based "across", I can safely say that my IS300 goes quite well over the mountain, although next week's trips will all be by bike!

Whist the wheels were off I noticed the tire has started to delaminate on the inside wall. The worst thing is they are nearly new and not covered under pre owned lexus warranty :tsktsk:

If they've sold you a car with a tyre that is starting to delaminate then that sounds dangerous and unroadworthy. Doesn't matter if it's in theory covered by the warranty or not, by law a commercial seller has to sell you something that's at least roadworthy.

so any updates regarding the noise?

After doing the wheels the vibration has decreased but it is still their. I am going to give lexus GB a ring as I dont believe the car has had the approved lexus 150 point check thing, and the tire is unacceptable for a approved lexus also. It is suppose to have a 1 year warranty but they is no paperwork explaining this!!

This is not a very good first impression from a company that is a high ranked contender in the JD power customer satisfaction survey. Apart from the flaws the car is astonishing.

Guest inicol63

Try looking at this site as i think you need your car reset up.

www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk

This company has looked after loads of people on here you may be able to find a company that can do the job nearer to you.