Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suggestion for reviews section

guitareth

Further to the thread “What would you like to see on Lexus Owners Club“ it’s come back to me what I had in mind when I suggested addition of a reviews page and links page (which, it was subsequently pointed out to me, are already there … Duh!!).

Well the reviews and links pages are fine, but what I was thinking of was having copies of previously published reviews and roadtests of Lexus models (from websites and from motoring magazines, newspapers etc) held on this site. I know that once I’d decided I was keen to get a Lexus IS200, I scoured the web for any reviews/roadtests I could find of that model – so I’m sure others would appreciate if this site contained an archive of such reviews.

We could of course just have links to any reviews on websites, but as the end reviews are liable to removal, or change of webpage address, it might be better to copy and paste the whole review into the site (along with details of its source, author, and date of publication). Similarly, if anyone has any copies of reviews from magazines or newspapers – if they wanted they could maybe scan them and upload them to the site.

I’ve found some web reviews that I’d be happy to start inserting, but before I do so, perhaps it would be best to get some feedback. Also, personally I don’t think the existing set-up of the “reviews” section is ideal. Currently it shows 10 most popular reviews, but otherwise you have to search through the A-Z index to find reviews. I think it would be better if this was split into sub-categories (like this forum), such as Model Reviews/Roadtests, Accessories, Add-ons…etc. What do you think?

Finally, does anyone know if Jeremy Clarkson ever reviewed the IS200? If so, and anyone has a copy, I’d appreciate if you could post a copy.

Cheers

Gareth

I would like to see genuine reveiws and gripes from members, I am sick of these car reveiwers always putting the Lexus up against Beemers merc and audis, Lexus are a different car for the discerning buyers who want something different that is not yto say that the Lexii are perfect but a review by genuine buyers and not car loaners like the media would have more bearing on the car for us. I dure we can all find something to moan about.

Maybe the press don't rave about lexii is because they are not given them free gratis

hmmm well i think somewhere along the line that 3 members should test drive the complete range.. then compare notes and then write fantastic review for each one!

Now thats the best way to get it reviewed properly!

Bagsy I am First! :tumble:

Hmmm, well looks there's not much popular support for my idea of adding external reviews to the site (an understatement methinks !!!).:(

Oh well. Just in case anyone would still like to read some past reviews, here's some I found on the web:

Driven group Test

4car.co.uk Road Test

4car.co.uk User Reviews

Australian - Car Of The Week Review

Handbag.com - IS200 review

Parkers Online - IS200 review

Automobile Association of Singapore - IS200 review

MSN Carpoint Review of IS300

And another US IS300 review

Cheers

Gareth

[Edited on 6-4-2002 by guitareth]

We did discuss your point.. and we thought it was better getting owners perpective of the car. People who own the car have to live with the car on an everyday basis.

So thats why we released a Owners review section. I would rather listen to an owners point of view rather than Jeremy Clarkson review as for one minute the guy likes the car.. then a few weeks down the road he is slagging it off on top gear.

Once we have a few more members letting us have their thoughts on their IS then it will be a worth while review.

Also some of the owners know more about the cars than what a car critic does.

Just my 2 pence worth :smilegrin: