Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Arb Removal

Rabster

OK i have the walkthrough and done one side no problems Passenger

Now onto drivers side and the allen key head has just given way and gone all messed up

ho can i get this off now

i dont have new drop links and no where is going to be open that has them today

any tips people im thinkin maybe a stud extractor drill a hole in the middle push down and turn oposite way to the way the nut is going and meat somwhere in the middle lol

HELP ASAP car looking very sorry for itself lol

Sounds like you've got the classic seized drop link problem. Is the allen key head just spinning now ?

I think you're just going to have to drill it out and/or cut off the drop link, and get a new one. You can get ones from motor factors that are cheaper than the Lexus ones.

i think its a poor design my self, i thought baout undoing the bottom nut but thats also seized on and the allen key point is full of rust

just looking online now to see where locally has got a drop link any one know anywhere in braintree....

Rab

NO NO NO NO you dont need a new one!!!!!!!!!do you have a small set of mole grips???you can grip the rear of the link if you know what i mean...their is a sholder that buts up against the strut you can grip that with mole grips!!!just watch you dont burst the boot! if we were to replace every link that done that the customers would go mental!!!!

Hi ormi

funily enough thats what i did after thinking about buying a new one i thought what the hell have 1 last bash and saw this ring on the back so did put the mole grips on there and voila although the boot had already burst i thik i burst it when changing the shocks last week so think i will have to replace now but for now its done

TTE front Coilovers

TTE front ARB's

rear is happening after lunch its to bloody hot out there plus i got a boot full of subs sob sob

Rabs

Hi ormi

funily enough thats what i did after thinking about buying a new one i thought what the hell have 1 last bash and saw this ring on the back so did put the mole grips on there and voila although the boot had already burst i thik i burst it when changing the shocks last week so think i will have to replace now but for now its done

TTE front Coilovers

TTE front ARB's

rear is happening after lunch its to bloody hot out there plus i got a boot full of subs sob sob

Rabs

just replace when it starts to knock its not a mot fail having that boot burts so save some pennys.

Ok cheers for that Ormi How much can you get them for :whistling: lol

any tips for getting the bottm part of if the allen key is full of crud .....

Rabs

i'll find out on monday or tuesday for you mate.

you can grip the back again or a small screw driver and scrap the crud out also if you have a wire brush give the threads a good clean too that should make it easyer to remove the nut.

When i swapped mine i just filed the edges of the plate at the rear and slid a spanner onto it, but started to round off when i was right at the end of the thread, so just clipped the Mr Mole grips on it to hold it for the last bit :)

Rabs when you do the rear arb and coilovers, remove the arb first before the shocks (Saves pushing against the arb when removing the shocks), and just undo the 10mm nut/bolt that at the end of the drop links and the 4 bolts into the body, but make sure you give the bolts a good spray with some lubricant before you start!

The 2 drop links that i left on the rear arb are about 2-3 month old so you should be fine with them :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links