Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Oil?

how you's doing.

im a relative newbie to lexus. just bought an is200 sport an giving it a full service. was looking to know what is the best engine oil to put in, i'm also putting in an exedy clutch, new Battery, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, oil filter and changing the timing belt and waterpump. cars standard so oem filters would be fine??

thanx paddy

I don't think the fuel filter needs changing on the IS200, in the UK at least. I would recommend a K&N filter for the air filter, it lasts a lot longer, is more free-breathing and may help mpg slightly.

Engine oil is an area where I think people will have their own favourites. I'm soon going to get my oil changed and will be putting 5W30 fully synthetic into it. You can use semi-synth too.

Opie Oils do some good deals on oils and give a LOC discount. They also have some special offers for this weekend only, see the Buy/Sell forum and this thread.

how you's doing.

im a relative newbie to lexus. just bought an is200 sport an giving it a full service. was looking to know what is the best engine oil to put in, i'm also putting in an exedy clutch, new battery, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, oil filter and changing the timing belt and waterpump. cars standard so oem filters would be fine??

thanx paddy

i use 5 30 fully synthetic in my lex mate yip oem filters will be fine but i would recomend the k&n panel filter lasts a life time and can improve mpg.just make sure you use toyota coolant when changing the water pump though.

ps welcome and if you get stuck just give us a shout and someone or all of us will be glad to help!