Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc Pulley Screws Snapped.

Hi Guys,

Another day another problem lol. I noticed one of my pulley srews had gone missing last week at Japfest - stupidly being the lazy git that I am: did nothing about it. So yesterday was driving back from work and noticed that when I floor the car I had no power and the SC did not whine. So when I got home I popped the bonnet knowing what I would see......

24052009175.jpg

Firstly could anyone point me in the right direction of some replacement screws? Secondly as the clutch is now spinning freely nothing is lined up and I cannot see how much screw is left inside. Could anyone let me know what I need to do to sort this?

I must say that the car is slightly comedy now with the SC whine cutting in and out constantly - I'm assuming that I can't do any further damage driving it?

Any help is much appreciated.

cheers,

Ed

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe rob might be able to advise as he replaced all that sort of stuff a while back....

also patrik lindblom has recently replaced his pulley screws so he may be able to advise you matey.

hope no damage has been done though fella.

rob

u wont do any damage at all mate as its just the bearing thats spinning and thats the normal "off boost" situation when its to the merc.

have the screws snapped or just worked loose?? if they have just worked loose then ur lucky, you can just line everything back up without taking the cover off.

If they have snapped u will need to remove the central bolt (it has loctite on it s use a good fitting spanner/ 6 sided socket)

the 3 bolts are retained with loctite that need a bit of heat to release so a hot air gun is in need to minimise the risk of having to drill and easy out them.

you might be lucky and they will be loose already otherwise a drill and easy out is required or u can try tap it round with a sharp punch.

the screws are tiny about 3mm i think so a small punch is needed.

for replacements i have no ida what others used as i replaced mine with 6,25mm versions.

sorry to hear that mate hope they are just loose.

what happens if the belt does snap. anything bad to engine?

any link to screw because i will buy some aswell.

thnkas

thanks for the reply's guys.

Stav - No worries it's just one of those things - can happen any time like rob said. Plus i could have saved it by sorting it out last week.

Rob - The screw looked snapped so will have to take it apart for a look. Got a new belt waiting to go on. Got an 800 and 780 belt as I think the 780 might be easier to keep tight.

The car seems fine just a little underpowered.

yep can anybody give me and ASI a link to some appropriate screws? - had a look and just got a tad confused. Must be having a blond day lol :P.

blonde day here aswell :lol:

If your screws have all gone/snapped Ed (I did point out your missing screw at Japshow :whistling: ), then maybe it would be best if someone else (Asi ?) removes one of their supercharger's screws and measures it - i.e. length of thread, type of head, width of thread (and also takes a photo) and then you can look for a suitable replacement ?

If your screws have all gone/snapped Ed (I did point out your missing screw at Japshow :whistling: ), then maybe it would be best if someone else (Asi ?) removes one of their supercharger's screws and measures it - i.e. length of thread, type of head, width of thread (and also takes a photo) and then you can look for a suitable replacement ?

good idea..... and whoever removes the screw make sure the screwdriver you are using fits properly!!