Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Shock Removal

Rabster

ok ihave followed the knowledge bas link bar 1 item i dont have spring compresors are these vital to getting the shocks out is there some nack to it as ill b buggerd if i can get the thing to come unstuck i can move it around i can jig and jag but cant get it over the edge to get the shock out

am i missing something silly

Cheers

Rabs

thats what i thought but it dont come out far enough the spring has 2 much compression still

is the another trick lol

give me some wire and a circuit andim happy but this my hads arms face chest r black lol guess i never cleanedunder there before lol

Rabs

you need someone to put some weight on the axle to give you some more room to manouvre,

it will go just be patient,

.........................................as he says chilling with a beer in the sun waiting for the match to ko :D

ah ah i will not be beaten by nothing lol

i have done both now i got some spring compressors from helfrauds might return them 2morow lol

even with the weight on the hub it was tight but i have succeded then to put the new coilovers on i did the following

i used a jack to raise the compression of them to an aceptable height but not to high

i then used a bit of wood lent up agaist the hub and knelt on that whilst slowly knocking the bottom of the coilover into placeand voila sucess

put the whole lot back together now time for a shower then i might wash the car

no wait scrap that just seen the time

think ill grab a bottle of southern comfort and sit on the couch now and relax well maybe some LOC browsing lol

Cheers guys

Rabs

was it easy to get the inner boot linings out without breaking the clips?

Also, do you need to get the tracking done after doing the rear shocks? I have to do mine at some point as one has been leaking!