Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, Could someone please point me in the right direction. The 2 front alloys on 2007 IS250 have started to blister. Whilst I have noticed this thread before, could someone advise as to whether this would be covered under the corrossion warranty ???? Many thanks in anticipation.

Hi, Could someone please point me in the right direction. The 2 front alloys on 2007 IS250 have started to blister. Whilst I have noticed this thread before, could someone advise as to whether this would be covered under the corrossion warranty ???? Many thanks in anticipation.

take it back to lex they will replace all of your alloys under warranty!!!alloys are covered for 3 years!

I cannot understand why Lexus haven't sorted the alloy issue yet :(

But as ormi says - if under 3 year warranty pop down to your local Lexus Dealer and get them swapped :)

• 2 weeks later...
i have jan 07 plate 250, but mileage is at 69k, will they work on alloys?

You might be out of warranty mate, its normally 3 years/60k whichever comes first. I'd check your warranty documentation to confirm or pop into your local Lexus garage- they might replace your alloys as a goodwill gesture?

I cannot understand why Lexus haven't sorted the alloy issue yet :(

But as ormi says - if under 3 year warranty pop down to your local Lexus Dealer and get them swapped :)

Just had mine replaced.

Lexus Cambridge spotted the corrosion at my 20K service and just offered to change the wheels when it suited me.

Had the job done last week. They also blackened the tyres, gave the car a good wash and provided me with a free courtsey car (Lexus RX) for the day.

Can't fault Lexus service in the 18 months I've had my car.

Agree that Lexus are very good at honouring the replacement.

I had two new front wheels at about 20K and then just before the 60K, they replaced the back ones. I mentioned that I suspected the two fronts were showing signs that they were going again so they replaced them with no argument so 10 wheels in less than 3 years !

I am also surprised that they haven't sorted this out - suspect it's the UK weather that causes the issue but they have had plenty of time to think about it.

I was lucky, just got in under the 60K so you may have talk sweetly..... good luck

Just a thought what are you all using to clean them

as my set are still fine 17" mothing major except a minor bit of Kerb damage, car has done 34K

but i will not use a pressure washer on the wheels, neither will i

use acid based cleaner to clean them

all i use is simonize wash n wax, once or twice a month, but it could also be the water

as the water in Birmingham is soft water (you can also top up your Battery with our water)

and we have no limescale so our kettles last for ever :whistling:

Matt

I think it's this. Salt and grit on roads in winter, which corrodes aluminium over time. Which is why you are recommended by makers of dishwashers not to put aluminium pans in a dishwasher.

Is that logical? So if you wax the wheels properly they will be fine. Also, noted, the corrosion seems to start from behind the spokes where there is less "finishing" and much less cleaning.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my experience! Purchased an IS250 last month, was 3 weeks out of warranty when I purchased it and purchased outside of the Lexus network. Car had a full service history every 10K miles from Lexus Milton Keynes and had alloys replaced under Warranty 18 months ago. Noticed these ones were also showing similar signs of blistering.

Now registered the car at Lexus Bracknell who logged a call to head office and they said they wouldn't be able to repalce them as a goodwill gesture because the car wasn't bought from Lexus. Bit annoying as I would have thought a set of alloys that were replaced 18 months ago would be subject to goodwill as that is by far the quickest corroison rate I've heard of. They said the alloys would have only had warranty for a year and there is no defect with them as it's purely a cosmetic issue?!

Quite annoying as when I bought the car it had only just been serviced by Lexus, just happened to be at a non Lexus Dealer! Initially they said aslong as the car had been serviced with Lexus every 10K miles then it would be fine - however head office then came back and said no because I purchased the car outside of Lexus.

Best of luck getting them replaced though - you should be ok if your in warranty!