Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having seen the many upgrades/mods the IS200 guys have done to their engines I am wondering what you can do for the 3.0? I have never really been into upgrading power before on an engine but with my GS300 sport I am interested in investigating this further and possible going for it!

Can we get a list of what upgrades are available and the associated costs? Maybe some 3.0 owners here have some valuable info?

I would like to know mod type, cost, gain and reliability to this? I am pretty pleased with the suspension set up so it's the engine, exhaust side of things.....also, has anyone had an ecu remap? If so, what power gain and what was the cost?

Your info/comments would be appreciated

As a footnote, I have read that the auto boxes associated with the 2JZGE is good for at least 300 bhp

Having seen the many upgrades/mods the IS200 guys have done to their engines I am wondering what you can do for the 3.0? I have never really been into upgrading power before on an engine but with my GS300 sport I am interested in investigating this further and possible going for it!

Can we get a list of what upgrades are available and the associated costs? Maybe some 3.0 owners here have some valuable info?

I would like to know mod type, cost, gain and reliability to this? I am pretty pleased with the suspension set up so it's the engine, exhaust side of things.....also, has anyone had an ecu remap? If so, what power gain and what was the cost?

Your info/comments would be appreciated

As a footnote, I have read that the auto boxes associated with the 2JZGE is good for at least 300 bhp

Just noticed your avatar, did you just sell your Mk1 on eBay, the photo looks remarkably similar?

Yes I did, well spotted. Sold it to a great guy from Northern Ireland, he flew over and got the ferry back, all overnight!

Phil

I was watching as I'm considering selling mine.

Mines a 97 in the same colour and with similar miles but the wheels could do with a referb and as its spent most of it's life cruising at speed, does suffer with stone chips to the front bumper, bonnet and one bugger of a chip on the front wing (Happend 2 weeks after I got it!)

I was considering plagerising your add, as I thought you presented the car well.

Copy away my friend, copy away! I did find that there were some idiots this time around (selling a car) through eBay though .... and jesus, did I get some ridiculous questions from right numpties!

Classified ad with make an offer is the way to go. IMO

Phil

Sell it and buy an Aristo TT :)

Seriously, there is nothing you can do to the 2JZ-GE except turbo or supercharge it, and it would be much cheaper to just buy an Aristo which already has the 2JZ-GTE.

Sell it and buy an Aristo TT :)

Seriously, there is nothing you can do to the 2JZ-GE except turbo or supercharge it, and it would be much cheaper to just buy an Aristo which already has the 2JZ-GTE.

Yep, I am drawing that conclusion myself! For the GTE the options are endless!

Just been browsing the net (not extensively though) for a typhoon air filter for the GS300. Come up blank and it seems that members here have tried the IS300 typhoon but this has LED to problems.

Could it be that the GS300 has the least modifiable engine in the world? lol

Nitrous would be an option and relatively cheap

I looked into this too, there is an incredibly interesting thread on here regarding this but it just seems like too much trouble, the re-filling, the worrying about the standard of fittings, worry about reliability and popping a hole in the piston. I would end up being a paranoid GS owner. Also, for my tastes, there seems to be an awful lot of confusion as to which is the best system, I like tried and tested!

I think I'll end up looking for a GS430 or a V300. Seems a lot less bother ;-)

Nitrous would be an option and relatively cheap

I looked into this too, there is an incredibly interesting thread on here regarding this but it just seems like too much trouble, the re-filling, the worrying about the standard of fittings, worry about reliability and popping a hole in the piston. I would end up being a paranoid GS owner. Also, for my tastes, there seems to be an awful lot of confusion as to which is the best system, I like tried and tested!

I think I'll end up looking for a GS430 or a V300. Seems a lot less bother ;-)

Go to the meets,talk to people,see what they have done,and maybe .....i say maybe ,,, We'll see another GS. :shutit:

Go to the meets,talk to people,see what they have done,and maybe .....i say maybe ,,, We'll see another GS. :shutit:

Terry, I will do mate, the last one, with the family down at my place from all over the country, was simply a no-can-do! The wrath of the wife would have lasted at least a week and I'm one for an easy life!

When we do meet, there is no doubt, after looking and listening to yours, I'll be popping the 300 up for sale!

Cheers Terry :)