Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tdi Blog For Stage 2 Upgrade

[kieron (dark is) ran one of the first ones

last i heard it was running ok, and had been for quite a while

may be true but his bonnet was badly damaged after fitting the kit - the underbonnet sound proofing caught fire and the paint on the bonnet was burnt off as well as the collant pipes had to be replaced as they were burnt.

as far as i know that was down to the new manifold getting to hot, and not down to the stage 2 supercharger conversion

Is the manifold not part of the stage 2 supercharger conversion :question:

no idea to be honest, as far as i was aware the stage 2 was the uprating of the pulley :question:

may be true but his bonnet was badly damaged after fitting the kit - the underbonnet sound proofing caught fire and the paint on the bonnet was burnt off as well as the collant pipes had to be replaced as they were burnt.

as far as i know that was down to the new manifold getting to hot, and not down to the stage 2 supercharger conversion

Is the manifold not part of the stage 2 supercharger conversion :question:

no idea to be honest, as far as i was aware the stage 2 was the uprating of the pulley :question:

Thought that was stage 1 :question: and manifold & intercooler stage 2

Rofl at Rabster ! :lol:

I think that some of you guys are confusing the different "stages" of TDi's tuning "upgrades" (downgrades ?) with their separate supercharger pulley upgrades. At least, based on what their website shows at the moment, I have no idea if they might have packaged these differently in the past.

If I could go back I would do things a lot differently, get yourself a manifold upgrade and a new ECU followed by a remap and leave it at that. Save your money for bigger and better mods....much like the things that someone like SPC are offering at the moment, internals, turbo, etc.

The problem is you have to go with whats available at the time...but there are now a lot more power upgrade options for the IS nowadays...a lot more!!!! Man I rememeber when I was one of only 5 or 6 S/C IS200's in the whole country! Back then power upgrades were your choice of an induction kit, a S/C, a back box and Unichip piggyback ECU...and all of those options cost an arm and a leg!

When I wanted to move up from that I delt with TDi as they were the only people offering bigger and better upgrades at the time...well upgrades, facilities and engineers that I trusted! It was just a shame that you had to go through certain people to get to the skilled people who would work on your car...a lesser of two evils I guess!

But I learnt a heck of a lot and now that the skilled engineers that know my car inside out are working elsewhere....I no longer need to deal with people that I don't want too! :winky:

maybe, my understanding is the manifold was fitted as part of the spgrade, i also mentioned it to show a history of bad workmanship and lack of logical thinking.

I also seem to remember when Tony (guy from exeter and ex commando) had his SC fitted, tdi butchered the loom when fitting the silver ecu and they had to order a new loom for him!! :duh: :o - i can see it is sooooooo difficult to remove some pins from a terminal block and install new ones, maybe they had someone from the blind school on work experience doing the job

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links