Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tdi Blog For Stage 2 Upgrade

I just read the TDi blog for Lexus IS200 Stage 2 Upgrade and they state the following:

"We have installed a great number of these supercharger conversions, and one point were doing one per week". So has anyone from LOC used stage 2 supercharger upgrade or not? I have read many posts regarding this conversion and all of them state negative opinions. So where are all these conversioned IS200s?

I just read the TDi blog for Lexus IS200 Stage 2 Upgrade and they state the following:

"We have installed a great number of these supercharger conversions, and one point were doing one per week". So has anyone from LOC used stage 2 supercharger upgrade or not? I have read many posts regarding this conversion and all of them state negative opinions. So where are all these conversioned IS200s?

You will find thats BS mate, some have had the work done from LOC, Cho & Raj both did not work mate, search is your friend :D

The ones i know:

Fever; apparently runs ok, no problems.

Dave Read: blew gearboxs and gearboxes and gearboxes.....

Raj: ECU lights, bad running, fuel gauge not working properly.

Cho: blew the engine (plus Raj's problems) (and now hes rebuilt is no where near the power TDi claim)

Thats just what i have been told (by the owners themselves).

Recently when a stage two conversion was looked at by another garage (Noble Motorsport) they felt the charger was beyond its capabilities at 0.5 bar and producing too much heat.

The ones i know:

Cho: blew the engine (plus Raj's problems) (and now hes rebuilt is no where near the power TDi claim)

Recently when a stage two conversion was looked at by another garage (Noble Motorsport) they felt the charger was beyond its capabilities at 0.5 bar and producing too much heat.

Thanks for the info Stav.

The ones i know:

kieron (dark is) ran one of the first ones

last i heard it was running ok, and had been for quite a while

i believe maz used to have one as well

Dave Read's blowing gearboxes is surely a testament to the power produced :whistling:

Thats not saying there may be other "working" stage two conversions but they've not made themselves known as far as i know.

From personal experience the TTE supercharger is a great upgrade to make the IS200 the speed it should have been from the factory to match 3series BMW's etc but to get much more power a different conversion is needed IMHO (engine conversion, rods pistons, turbos, rotrex, etc)

The ones i know:

Dave Read's blowing gearboxes is surely a testament to the power produced :whistling:

Or being poorly fitted maybe anything is possible

possibly but due to the whole truth not being told for the length of the project with TDi we may never know.

The ones i know:

Yes Maz did have one, don't know to date .................. if all the problems that Maz had got sorted or not :whistling:

Dave Read blow the auto box not a manual (i beleve Wozza covered this with mark over the auto box) :whistling: Re- power of Dave's power and testament to power produced ..... well you only have to look at the post Dave made not so long ago, re power of his car (not) from Tdi :lol:

Dimitris I don't think that blog gives an entirely faithful picture, plus much more horsepower was released from

the engine (Dave Read's car) with minor work completed elsewhere..... search is your friend :)

Personally speaking, when the funds allow for me to start looking at engine/supercharger upgrades/tweaks hopefully

later this year, I won't be going to TDi to get the work required done. There have been many bad things stated by

LOC members (on and off forum) about work done there.

I do however have to concede there has been some staff changes, so things may well have changed.

the rpm readout by Patrik would seem to support this - in standard trim the unit runs at 10,000 /10,300rpm . The max rpm of these units is 14,000 rpm - so if tdi have increased the pulley to increase the pressure i would be confident to say that the unit is running well over 14,000 rpm.

[kieron (dark is) ran one of the first ones

may be true but his bonnet was badly damaged after fitting the kit - the underbonnet sound proofing caught fire and the paint on the bonnet was burnt off as well as the collant pipes had to be replaced as they were burnt.

Dimitris I don't think that blog gives an entirely faithful picture, plus much more horsepower was released from

the engine (Dave Read's car) with minor work completed elsewhere..... search is your friend :)

Personally speaking, when the funds allow for me to start looking at engine/supercharger upgrades/tweaks hopefully

later this year, I won't be going to TDi to get the work required done. There have been many bad things stated by

I do however have to concede there has been some staff changes, so things may well have changed.

Do you know if any of the new staff, can actually map cars now :question:

the rpm readout by Patrik would seem to support this - in standard trim the unit runs at 10,000 /10,300rpm . The max rpm of these units is 14,000 rpm - so if tdi have increased the pulley to increase the pressure i would be confident to say that the unit is running well over 14,000 rpm.

may be true but his bonnet was badly damaged after fitting the kit - the underbonnet sound proofing caught fire and the paint on the bonnet was burnt off as well as the collant pipes had to be replaced as they were burnt.

so if a pulley is made that does not go beyond 14000 rpm so that would be safe.

DJ Wozza thanks for the information. I have heard so many problems from LOC members regarding the TDi sencond stage upgrade and I was just wondering how may have tried this specific upgrade and what type of problems they experienced. From what all of you have written in this blog the problems vary, but they are significant. I suppose same problems will occur with stage 1 upgrade too.

I read your blog regarding the intercooler upgrade. Did you see any improvements? It is finally worth upgrading the TTE intercooler? You have also a picture with a pressure gauge showing 0.4bar. Did you achieve this pressure with the intercooler upgrade?

If you're looking to get more out of your TTE charger Dimitris, you might want to check out all the things Stav did to his before he swapped his engine out for the turbo. He managed to get quite a bit of extra power (relatively speaking, of course) through ECU/remap and a few other things.

as far as i know that was down to the new manifold getting to hot, and not down to the stage 2 supercharger conversion

That pressure doesnt come from the intercooler upgrade really as far as i can tell.

It comes from the fact Wozza's car is an auto and the way it changes gear, causing a temporary "overboost", which is whats recalled by the gauge as the peak boost seen when checked later on, though i'm sure Wozza can confirm but i bet he doesnt see a steady 0.4 bar when going through the revs.

Dave Read blow the auto box not a manual (i beleve Wozza covered this with mark over the auto box) :whistling: Re- power of Dave's power and testament to power produced ..... well you only have to look at the post Dave made not so long ago, re power of his car (not) from Tdi :lol:

the fact that dave's auto gearbox decided to give up the ghost after power was increased shows that extra power was obtained, wether it was as much power as stated who knows ! i also believe that he swapped to the rotrex charger mid period as well

the fact that there are a few supercharged auto's running fine and have been for years says they run fine with the normal power of a supercharger

as far as i know that was down to the new manifold getting to hot, and not down to the stage 2 supercharger conversion

I'll admit i dont know the story, but if the manifold was getting too hot, was that because the exhaust gases were getting too hot due to maybe too retarded ignition? (ie bad mapping?) much like when you do it deliberately for a anti-lag/launch system?

the fact that dave's auto gearbox decided to give up the ghost after power was increased shows that extra power was obtained, wether it was as much power as stated who knows ! i also believe that he swapped to the rotrex charger mid period as well

the fact that there are a few supercharged auto's running fine and have been for years says they run fine with the normal power of a supercharger

Not at all, the fact that snowmans (James)manual gearbox when bang with standard charger fitted, saying that James and Dave just might have had weak gearbox's, and nothing to do with the extra power :winky:

Is the manifold not part of the stage 2 supercharger conversion :question: