Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Sport Power For Stereo...

Right got an ipod to fit to a 1997 MK1 GS300 Sport

It requires the power cable to be bypassed to power the box to control the ipod.

Which cable should I splice to gain 12v power?

cheers

I can have a look later for the colour code of the wiring to the stereo harness. Are you needing a permanent 12V or a switched 12V? You could hook into the cigarette lighter rather than remove the head unit to get to the stereo wiring.

not sure what is needed?! switched would be best though, as when i turn stereo on, it will simply turn the ipod thing on as well.with ciggy lighter, it will always stay on!?

not sure what is needed?! switched would be best though, as when i turn stereo on, it will simply turn the ipod thing on as well.with ciggy lighter, it will always stay on!?

In that case, You could not use any of the power feeds to the stereo as the switched one is ignition controlled. The cigarette lighter is switched I believe, but again, it is switched by the ignition key. If you truly want it to go on and off with the stereo, you would need to use maybe the switched line for the power antenna, or there maybe a "remote" power on feed to the Amp. Off the top of my head, I think the black wire (pin 5) from the head unit (it may have a white tracer colour on it) is the stereo switched supply to the power antenna. Best to check with a multilmeter first though.

• 2 weeks later...

I connected the power cable to the ciggie lighter- no power....also tried it on the positive of the battery- no power....its meant to charge the ipod at same time you see.no idea whats going on!