Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just wanted to say "byee" to everyone on LOC. Thanks for the advice and banter over the last 3 years. Excellent site, best owners site I can find!

Have swapped my 220d for a new Volvo XC60 D5 in bronze, with Comms pack, leather, sunroof, power tailgate, etc. etc.

Already getting high 30s mpg in mixed driving, same as my old Lexus.

Loved the Lex, but no longer met my practical needs. If it had folding seats I may have considered a new IS250, but the XC60 is incredibly spacious...

Sad to see another go, but I do really like the way those XC60s look, they're pretty rare though, hardly ever see one on the road!

What's it like to drive? And they're quite small physically aren't they? How spacious are they inside?

Sad to see another go, but I do really like the way those XC60s look, they're pretty rare though, hardly ever see one on the road!

What's it like to drive? And they're quite small physically aren't they? How spacious are they inside?

Hi Parthiban

It's actually pretty good to drive - as you would expect the centre of gravity is higher, but I've not noticed any need to take bends any slower on familiar roads. Feels very safe. The main difference is the new (MY10) D5 engine - very quite, very smooth - and a lovely manual gearbox which moves into gear with a satisfying "click". No more tractor transmission I was used to before!

The car is bigger than it looks - lower than other SUVs, so doesn't stand so tall in the car park, but longer than I was expecting. Still fits in garage thankfully.

JFB

Just wanted to say "byee" to everyone on LOC. Thanks for the advice and banter over the last 3 years. Excellent site, best owners site I can find!

Have swapped my 220d for a new Volvo XC60 D5 in bronze, with Comms pack, leather, sunroof, power tailgate, etc. etc.

Already getting high 30s mpg in mixed driving, same as my old Lexus.

Loved the Lex, but no longer met my practical needs. If it had folding seats I may have considered a new IS250, but the XC60 is incredibly spacious...

That (non) folding seat issue is a bit of a bummer, lots have complained. Wonder why Lexus haven't done something about it, perhaps it's not possible for some reason?

That (non) folding seat issue is a bit of a bummer, lots have complained. Wonder why Lexus haven't done something about it, perhaps it's not possible for some reason?

Yeah it's weird they haven't done the obvious and made the seats folding. Would have looked seriously at the new RX450h, but woweee, the price of it! Out of my league...

Well if you've ever removed the back seat in an IS you'll see that it's solid - and I think removing that to make the seats fold would reduce rigidity and comfort.

Lexus have gone for it being an out and out luxury car, and because of the sales numbers they go for it's not hurt them :)

I've done almost the same.

Just ordered a Audi Q5 top S-line Trim with Technology Pack (Satnav etc) all for a monthly contract hire less than my 250SE

The back seat did it, just not practical anymore and the RX450 way too expensive (why so much more than the outgoing RX400h?)