Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello.

Whilst driving yesterday a squeak occurred. It started after an hour of driving in the Sun. It was a loud noise, like rubbing 2 bits of polystyrene together very quickly. I got my wife to jump in the back seat to see where the noise was coming from. She said that it sounded like the rear window rubbing, not the door windows but the big rear window!!. :o

She said it wasn't the parcel shelf but defiantly the window!!? I was going to take the car to Lexus but after an hour the noise got quieter and has now disappeared, very odd.

I have read that the rear window seal can cause a noise has anyone had this problem?

Has anyone had to take out their rear window to remove some clips and did this cure the problem? I have also heard it could be the leather armrest rubbing, any info would be good!

Has anyone had to take out their rear window to remove some clips and did this cure the problem? I have also heard it could be the leather armrest rubbing, any info would be good!

Sorry about this but it's a new one on me. Hopefully someone will have the answers for you. Are you sure it's not the sun woofer bouncing around? Might even be the rear shockers?

Phil

Sorry about this but it's a new one on me. Hopefully someone will have the answers for you. Are you sure it's not the sun woofer bouncing around? Might even be the rear shockers?

Phil

I have just been out and threw my mate in the back seat. He said it was definatly the window, at the top where it meets the roof trim. I spoke to Lexus and they have heard of this too and suggested the window removal but this is £££!

I'm going to buy a tin of silicon spray and spray a little up in the seam to see if this helps. It is an annoying noise but it isn't all the time, just when the sun is on the rear window!

• 10 months later...

Phil

I have just been out and threw my mate in the back seat. He said it was definatly the window, at the top where it meets the roof trim. I spoke to Lexus and they have heard of this too and suggested the window removal but this is £££!

I'm going to buy a tin of silicon spray and spray a little up in the seam to see if this helps. It is an annoying noise but it isn't all the time, just when the sun is on the rear window!

What was the outcome please? I've just started getting a squeak/rattle from the back now the weather has got warmer

Phil

What was the outcome please? I've just started getting a squeak/rattle from the back now the weather has got warmer

Hello.

The noise started when the sun was full on the rear window and would squeak relentlessly on smooth roads as well as bumpy tarmac.

I bought a can of silicone spray, not WD40 but some stuff from Halfords. I sprayed the top of the window under the roof lining and the squeak disappeared and hasn't come back since.

OK. I carefully prised a 1 inch gap all along to roof lining where it meets the rear screen, held it open with Leggo bricks (other bricks are available lol) and pushed cardboard into the gap to try and stop any drips getting onto the upper surface lining. I also put a dust sheet on the parcel shelf.

I then used 3 in 1 Silicone Lubricant spray with an extension tube to spay up where the top edge of the screen meets the body of the car. It felt like there was some kind of frame up there but I couldn't see it, only feel it.

Anyway, rattle/squeak GONE!. Now whether it's because of the spray of because I disturbed something I don't know but it seems to have gone.

It'll be interesting to see if it stays gone.

PS, I used the "wife in the back" method to get an idea where the noise was coming from.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I carefully prised a 1 inch gap all along to roof lining where it meets the rear screen, held it open with Leggo bricks (other bricks are available lol) and pushed cardboard into the gap to try and stop any drips getting onto the upper surface lining. I also put a dust sheet on the parcel shelf.

I then used 3 in 1 Silicone Lubricant spray with an extension tube to spay up where the top edge of the screen meets the body of the car. It felt like there was some kind of frame up there but I couldn't see it, only feel it.

Anyway, rattle/squeak GONE!. Now whether it's because of the spray of because I disturbed something I don't know but it seems to have gone.

It'll be interesting to see if it stays gone.

PS, I used the "wife in the back" method to get an idea where the noise was coming from.

Hello.

That's the method that I used, apart from Lego. I pleased it worked for you too!!

I stuffed a some felt between the dash and the windscreen on the passenger side...this helped a bit....but beware your vin number in the windscreen.....mines disapeared now!!!!

OK...onto the next bloody squeak...........drivers front seat .....squeaks/creaks when going round bends........sadly I find going round bends rather neccersary........but it's driving me round the bend....any tips!!!!

I stuffed a some felt between the dash and the windscreen on the passenger side...this helped a bit....but beware your vin number in the windscreen.....mines disapeared now!!!!

OK...onto the next bloody squeak...........drivers front seat .....squeaks/creaks when going round bends........sadly I find going round bends rather neccersary........but it's driving me round the bend....any tips!!!!

Had the drivers seat creak/squeak problem - I tightened up the floor bolts and it has been fine since

• 3 months later...