Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can Someone Guide Me To The Right Product(s)

hey up guys,

wanting to order the two remaining parts i need for my headunit install.

i believe i need an amp bypass cable and a fascia surround. I have looked on eBay and am confused as to which bypass cable i need as there are several ISO this that and the other's on there and i don't wanna get the wrong one.....

if its relevant, my cars a 2000 IS200 sport and the OEM headunit is 13902 model.....

any links to the required cable would be wicked.

as for the fascia surround....is something like this the best one to get??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOLEADS-TOYOTA-LEX...93%3A1|294%3A50

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-IS-200-Car-Ste...93%3A1|294%3A50

is there anything else i'm likely to need in order to get it all fitted or shoudl i be fine and dandy with the above??

rob

ahh nice one aaron, thanks for that. bit more pricey than i thought it was to be honest - but oh well, it is what it is i guess.

so my new headunit will deffo have the relevant connections for this lead etc?? sorry if thats a dumb question but i have no idea what the back of the OEM stereo etc etc looks like.....

either of those two fascia's should be ok for a double din unit then??

cheers

rob

Amp bypass lead also here, for less. That's the seller I got mine from. I got mine in a package with the fascia adapter from them for a good deal, although I can't see a similar set from them at the moment (though if you call them they might be able to help). Someone else might be able to find something suitable even cheaper.

I can see one packaged set of lead/adapter on eBay at the moment for even less, but I'm suspicious it's slightly "too" cheap.

cheers stevie, think i'll give them a call. every little saving helps, lol!!

rob

i got mine from this boy heres the item number 190306963213 £49.95 for the lead and the face plate adapter.

cheers stevie, think i'll give them a call. every little saving helps, lol!!

rob

i got mine from this boy heres the item number 190306963213 £49.95 for the lead and the face plate adapter.

cheers for the link fella. but 50 quid is a bit pricey for the two items i reckon mate - will have a word with the suppliers in the link stevie posted and see if they have the cable and fascia set available......

looking forward to having this all up and running :D B)

Hi Rob, give them a call matey, they do regularly post up both items as a package on ebay but none at this moment

(Old item 280318556709 £34.99 plus P+P £2.99).

Try calling them direct on 0208 288 0181 :D

Yeah, give 'em a call like Wozza said (and I said too). That's exactly the package I got, from the same seller, think it was the same price. Not a bad price for both items. I had no problems whatsoever.

just called them and the chap seemed absoloutly bang on - real nice bloke. unfortunately, they have no fascias in stock as the holding warehouse got flooded or something like that so guess i'll get one from the bay - probably the one from the 2nd link i posted in the 1st post as that works out the cheapest IIRC.

so should have the bypass lead tomorrow and *hopefully* the fascia by the weekend.......

I didn't need any kind of aerial adapter for my Pioneer unit, just needed to splice into the aerial amplifier power lead, as usual.

means didly to me :lol: but i'm sure we'll sort it! lol. cheers mate

means didly to me :lol: but i'm sure we'll sort it! lol. cheers mate

There is an aerial amplifier built into/next to the OEM roof aerial of the IS200. This needs to be supplied with power, or it won't work and you'll get very bad radio reception.

When you plug in your new head unit, you need to get it to supply power to the aerial amp when the head unit is on (no point doing so when it's off). The power feed for the aerial amp runs alongside the actual aerial lead - it'll be pretty obvious, since the aerial lead has a plug on it which you'll insert into the new head unit, and you'll see this other wire attached to it (the power one).

So you need to find a lead coming out of your new head unit that can be used to supply this power. It'll probably be labelled, either on the head unit loom, and/or in the manual that comes with it, as something to control the power to an external amp. You just need to splice this wire into the aerial amp power wire, e.g. by using a scotchlock, soldering, whatever.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links