Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs450h Intermediate Service Charges

Hi

I'm coming up to 50k miles and am interested to know what folks have paid for an intermediate service on a GS450h at a Lexus dealer recently.

More importantly, do you know what kind of oil they used (make and grade) and what they charged for it? The reason I asked is that the recommended is 5W30 but they usually put in the bulk 10W40 that they have barrels full of and use in every car. In the end I started taking my own oil when I had my Prius serviced that way I knew they used the correct oil and it was somewhat cheaper.

Given these hard times, I'm toying with the idea of emailing all the dealers within 50 miles and asking what they would charge including pick-up and delivery from work....and making sure they can see I've emailed them all. As far as I can see this is an oil and filter change! Could be fun :)

Malc

Hi

I'm coming up to 50k miles and am interested to know what folks have paid for an intermediate service on a GS450h at a Lexus dealer recently.

More importantly, do you know what kind of oil they used (make and grade) and what they charged for it? The reason I asked is that the recommended is 5W30 but they usually put in the bulk 10W40 that they have barrels full of and use in every car. In the end I started taking my own oil when I had my Prius serviced that way I knew they used the correct oil and it was somewhat cheaper.

Given these hard times, I'm toying with the idea of emailing all the dealers within 50 miles and asking what they would charge including pick-up and delivery from work....and making sure they can see I've emailed them all. As far as I can see this is an oil and filter change! Could be fun :)

Malc

Hi Malc

My 450h was in at Lexus Cambridge last Friday for intermediate 30,00 mile service, total cost inc VAT an £10 courtesy car admin charge ! was £192.33 but sadly invoice does not show oil type or make. Oil price £46.94, filter£8.74, service £72.10, emission control service £23.50, environmental charge £5.50 but FREE tyre report !!!!! wey hey

Had to laugh (or gasp ) because I booked with only 1 week notice they were unsure if they could fit me in and then tried to offer a voucher for the local gym instead of a loan car, and I thought this is an old fart's car.

I must say Leicester seem really keen to help in the future, offering to collect and deliver back my GS even though I must be 50 miles away and always within 1 week, sounds good to me.

Regards Tony

You have got me wondering which oil is in my engine, I thought I could trust them but maybee .....

When I first got the Prius serviced I had a stand-up row with the service manager who said they always use 10W40. In the end I had to get the manual out of the glove box to prove it should be 5W30.

£46 for 6 litres of oil sounds typical, having said that they had Magnatec 5W30 in Costco today at £20 for 4 litres.

Thanks for the info...

Malc

When I first got the Prius serviced I had a stand-up row with the service manager who said they always use 10W40. In the end I had to get the manual out of the glove box to prove it should be 5W30.

£46 for 6 litres of oil sounds typical, having said that they had Magnatec 5W30 in Costco today at £20 for 4 litres.

Thanks for the info...

Malc

By the way, those nice leather/alloy GS450h key fobs in the showroom, stock computer sold me 1 for £3.50 result !

Tony