Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a bit of a weird problem.

I've had the car off the road for a while and I'm just sorting a few things to get it back on. I started the car up and shortly afterwards you could hear a very quiet alarm sound coming the engine bay. However the car starts, the fobs open and lock the cars and there are no indicators flashing to indicate the alarm is activated.

It sounds as though there is a very quiet alarm speaker tucked away deep in the wings of the engine bay and this does the usual thing of going off for so long, stopping and then restarting if the ignition is still on.

Any suggestions as to what it is and how to fix it?

The owners manual only refers to the immobiliser with no mention of an alarm, so no help there.

I don't know the GS, but it looks like there's a horn for the alarm in the driver's side wing, see this diagram.

Thanks for that.

Mines a Mk1 97 but the sound would seem to be coming from that area.

I am wondering if there is a bonnet sensor as I've had the bonnet up for months with the car on trikle charge and wondered if a sensor was sticking open.

I don't know the GS, but it looks like there's a horn for the alarm in the driver's side wing, see this diagram.

Thanks for that.

Mines a Mk1 97 but the sound would seem to be coming from that area.

I am wondering if there is a bonnet sensor as I've had the bonnet up for months with the car on trikle charge and wondered if a sensor was sticking open.

The bonnet open sensor is built into the bonnet catch as per the diagram for the Mk2.