Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sending Away

Gord

It may also come back with the steering wheel on the other side!!!!!! :whistling:

Do you remember that container ship that listed off the Blackpool coast and lost it's load!

post-12144-1243365424.jpg

Apart from the considerable expense, it should be OK I'd have thought...

Taking into account the transport costs ................. its much cheaper to send to the USA for work to be done, and much much faster turn around :o :D

Was thinking about tax or anything like that :question:

he is talkin about his is200.see below

If i was to send is200 to the USA & back for work to be done to the car

Considering the poor state of the ££ pound at the moment, is it still worth while to send it over to the US to have this work done?

Yep I was thinking that too, surely it makes it quite a bit more expensive? But if the turnaround time is that much shorter maybe it's the way to go.........

I'd imagine that technically you'd need to declare everything new as it came back to the UK but if they were all used parts would they be liable for VAT?

Surely you wouldn't have to do customs (as in pay duty etc) both ways, as you're just sending the car over temporarily ? ok, sure for any new bits coming back into the UK, but otherwise it's the same car going over and then back (just as I wouldn't expect Formula 1 cars to have to pay customs fees to enter a country).

Or am I trying to apply too much common sense here ? :lol:

Guest inicol63

Ask DHL or (W.E.DEANS Deans in Barking on 02085326424 Chris Green) or any other large company that transports vehicles and they can do all the paperwork and custom clearances and quotes for you.

You can ship by plane also and again the two companys above can help with that.

If you use a ship container then your looking at 6 weeks each way and it would be cheaper to share a container.

If you go this way pay insurance as the car could get knocked about while in the container.

You would need to check your fuel levels (if by plane) as well as you need the tank below 1/4

As long as the car been paid duty, i believe you can ship it free of import export duty but the car must have the correct documents in place.

It may be cheaper to ship out your engine or have just the new engine shipped over.

Good luck

Ask DHL or (W.E.DEANS Deans in Barking on 02085326424 Chris Green) or any other large company that transports vehicles and they can do all the paperwork and custom clearances and quotes for you.

You can ship by plane also and again the two companys above can help with that.

If you use a ship container then your looking at 6 weeks each way and it would be cheaper to share a container.

If you go this way pay insurance as the car could get knocked about while in the container.

You would need to check your fuel levels (if by plane) as well as you need the tank below 1/4

As long as the car been paid duty, i believe you can ship it free of import export duty but the car must have the correct documents in place.

It may be cheaper to ship out your engine or have just the new engine shipped over.

Good luck

Thanks mate thats look like someone i could use :D

Well to put Toyota V8 engine and manual gearbox (second hand parts) into is200 you are looking at $12000 plus shipping and anything else i might have to pay on top of this :o