Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jdm Number Plate Tilter

just seen the jdm numberplate tilters.was thinking they look pretty smart.

what you's think smart or not? :unsure:

I actually had no idea what these were but a quick google search set me straight...........what exactly is the point of them? :unsure:

dont have a clue mate just thought it looked funky also if you have it tilted no one will see your front number plate if you know what i mean.... :whistling::whistling:

I don't get the point really and I think they look ugly. Sorry, you did ask ! :)

Surely they're not going to help you with Gatso cameras and the like, which take a pic as you go past, i.e. from the rear. Maybe with SPECS though. But I would have thought it'd be an open invitation for the police to pull you.

I don't get the point really and I think they look ugly. Sorry, you did ask ! :)

Surely they're not going to help you with Gatso cameras and the like, which take a pic as you go past, i.e. from the rear. Maybe with SPECS though. But I would have thought it'd be an open invitation for the police to pull you.

Err. I think youre all missing the point!

The tilters have been around for YEARS!

Theyre designed for Japan (mostly) where they have front facing cameras (remember CLarkson driving the GTR and the Bill Oddie Mask?) :D

As you speed up, the plate tilts by 90 degress, so you cant actually see it.

Ergo, they cant tell the Reg, you dont get a ticket! :)

Stewie has kinda got the idea tho...

The images can be blown up and they can read the number from the tax disc ;)

Is there any law regarding the placement of the tax disc? I've seen quite a few MPV type cars with them in the small front side window rather than the windscreen.

Is there any law regarding the placement of the tax disc? I've seen quite a few MPV type cars with them in the small front side window rather than the windscreen.

According to the government information website :

Display a tax disc on the passenger side (kerb side) of the vehicle’s windscreen. If there’s no windscreen or you have a motorcycle or sidecar, display the tax disc on the kerb side of the vehicle.

I wouldn't have thought a quarterlight or similar would count as the "windscreen".

A friend of mine has one on his Supra

Not sure what it's for, but i'm pretty sure it came with the car.

I think the original idea is for the forward facing speed cameras, which would work a treat. But he uses his mainly for showing off....Or so he says :lol:

I guess they would also look and work a lot better on big bumpers like the one on the Surpa as it's deep. I'm not sure you could get away with that on an IS as a big deep bumper like that (IMO) would look aweful on our cars.

Are they deep enough for a number plate to hide under ?

not totally but you could poss get a nice looking tilt?

speed cameras wont be able to reconise what speed you are doing as they pass a infrared to the number and that shines back. i maybe wrong.

the camera or laser will refect from any part of the vehicle, my mate got flashed when on a push bike for example.......