Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time For A Change

Rogue

Well after 3.5 years of happy, breakdown free Lexus motoring I have decided time for a change. So the IS200 has now gone & I now own a RX-8 PZ which I picked up yesterday. Now the Lexus was automatic & the RX8o got to get used to a manual 6 speed again but what a great car to drive. The suspension system has been designed by Prodrive with lightweight alloy Oz wheels & this car hugs the road. Of course I will probable add a few mods as you do but will get used to it first. Thanks to all on here over the years for all the help when I had the Lexus. I plan on staying around the LOC as I always enjoy the "banter".

Attached a couple of showroom snaps of the new motor.

cheers

Bobby

mazdashowroom1.jpg

mazdashowroom2.jpg

mazdashowroom4.jpg

nice one mate - must say i do like the RX-8's

heard a lot about oil consumption on them though matey?? are they easy to tune engine wise?? think i've heard of a few s/c'd ones floating about - that would be wicked!! but not sure how the rotary engine is like to start adding forced induction etc??

nice one mate - must say i do like the RX-8's

heard a lot about oil consumption on them though matey?? are they easy to tune engine wise?? think i've heard of a few s/c'd ones floating about - that would be wicked!! but not sure how the rotary engine is like to start adding forced induction etc??

forced induction + rotary = rx7

****el engines are cool but you really need to keep an eye on them, i know a lot of boys who bought RX7's not knowing about the enignes and ended up with 4 grand plus repair bills because they knew nothing about the engines and cooked them. Excellent car though either way Good Choice.

Aye I need to keep an eye on the oil but easy to check. Should be done every 1000miles or soo & topped up if needed. Fuel consumption is meant to be bad but then I dont use the car daily but we will see. Just going to get the drop in K&N filter for now, then the exhaust later in the year.......then tyres.......you know the score. S/C are around the 4k & the increase not enough to sanction that amount of spends. Are a few mapping options on the go so might look into that too :blink: oh dear here we go again :D

Traded the Lex is as I had it on p'heads for 5750 & the garage gave me 5k for it so imo I was as well traded with no hassles.

Colour is "Galaxy Grey" & the Lex was Granite Sky, always liked that sort of metallic grey colour. Only 800 of these made !

Drove one of those PZs in that zoom zoom challenge thing they did at the motor show a few years back - despite being a very short drive it was a lot of fun..........especially the gearchange which was very slick!

Good luck with the new car! :)

Very nice car Bobby, all the best and keep popping in to see us mate :D

Cheers mate, & cheers for your help in the past. BTW Alex is now in the RAF & loving it he sends his regards.

Really nice car matey :) My brothers got one ( same colour ) and on my delivery someones got a really nice black one...i know the fuel and the oil can be really shocking at times but still nice cars to drive.....be carefull in the wet though the car does like to do some rear wheel drifting.!! :winky:

The thing that makes the car faster more powerfull is by turbo`ing the car.... should sort the very low torque out.... :hehe:

Very nice car Bobby, all the best and keep popping in to see us mate :D

Cheers mate, & cheers for your help in the past. BTW Alex is now in the RAF & loving it he sends his regards.

Thanks for letting me know mate :D i'm sure he will do very well in the RAF mate :D