Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio/air Con Illumination (lights)

My Radio/CD/Cassette/Air con unit works fine, just doesnt illuminate. Could this be a fuse or more than likely one or two of the capacitators gone down; also fitted a new lexus aerial last week and now reception is poor, worked spot on before changed the aerial, possible earth problem?

Forgot to say, its a 1996 Lexus LS400

Thanks

If the LCD display is OK, it's bulbs, if the display is black it needs a new LCD display.Usually the temp. and clock

display seem to fail first.

It does sound like a bad earth or a bad connection somewhere on your aerial or as it seems to getting called now your antenna!

If the LCD display is OK, it's bulbs, if the display is black it needs a new LCD display.Usually the temp. and clock

It does sound like a bad earth or a bad connection somewhere on your aerial or as it seems to getting called now your antenna!

Arial is a type of washing powder ( so I'm told) Antenna is a device for receiving radio signals! :D

Arial is a type of washing powder ( so I'm told) Antenna is a device for receiving radio signals! :D

Youre wrong steve - "Arial" is a font! (this is really helping the OP question! ) :lol:

i had this problem on a mk2 ls400 i had a while ago ie no illumination on radio or air con (annoying at night time) i also had the blinky dash syndrome, i sorted the blinky dash prob myself with 2new caps and at the same time it sorted the radio and aircon lights woohoo bonus lol so i would say its more than likely the caps as cant see all the bulbs in the radio and aircon display all going at once

Youre wrong steve - "Arial" is a font! (this is really helping the OP question! ) :lol:

Blow me you're correct here's the right one

http://www.uk.pg.com/images/arielQuickWashPack_IL.jpg

My Radio/CD/Cassette/Air con unit works fine, just doesnt illuminate. Could this be a fuse or more than likely one or two of the capacitators gone down; also fitted a new lexus aerial last week and now reception is poor, worked spot on before changed the aerial, possible earth problem?

Thanks

On my 1996 LS400, the radio lights didnt work. I fixed it myself, the regulator transistors for the bulb supply were dry jointed so just needed to be resoldered. You will have to remove the whole centre console ( A/C and radio) and dismantle it to fix this. Paul

Thanks

On my 1996 LS400, the radio lights didnt work. I fixed it myself, the regulator transistors for the bulb supply were dry jointed so just needed to be resoldered. You will have to remove the whole centre console ( A/C and radio) and dismantle it to fix this. Paul

Tell us more any pictures?

• 7 months later...

My 1995 Mk-III has half the lights on the AC display not working on the LHS.

The AC works fine, the Radio works fine and the radio illumination works fine too.

I have taken out the aircon unit and "continuity tested" all of the 5 bulbs, they all work.

soundchaser100, where are these dry joints you mention? I have the unit out of the car all in pieces ready to re-solder.

Mr2lad, where are these caps? even thought I have some bulds working it could be good to check the caps while I have it all out.

Instructions are good, pics would be great, At the moment I have the unit open all over the bench and I can not see any dry joints, just lots of numbered componants.

LS400ACcontrol.JPG

many thanks in advance.

My 1995 Mk-III has half the lights on the AC display not working on the LHS.

The AC works fine, the Radio works fine and the radio illumination works fine too.

I have taken out the aircon unit and "continuity tested" all of the 5 bulbs, they all work.

soundchaser100, where are these dry joints you mention? I have the unit out of the car all in pieces ready to re-solder.

Mr2lad, where are these caps? even thought I have some bulds working it could be good to check the caps while I have it all out.

Instructions are good, pics would be great, At the moment I have the unit open all over the bench and I can not see any dry joints, just lots of numbered componants.

LS400ACcontrol.JPG

many thanks in advance.

Sorry for the delay, do you mean that the backlights on the display are not working, or just the switch illuminators?

The instructions I gave are for the radio button illumination. The dry joints are on the radio/cass/CD unit not the A/C

The unit you have dismantled is not the one I was describing. Sorry, but I cant help.

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links