Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The 'what You Do For A Living' Thread

littlelegs

I work for a fishmerchant, filleting and delivering fish to restaurants.

It's a cold and smelly job but the money is not too bad. :)

The downside is that my car always smells of fish! :(

It is easy to find in the carpark though as it always has a cloud of flies hovering over it. :sick:

Redsteve.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a courier i work for target/citylink in aylesford do 100 drops a day round ramsgate, margate and broadstairs done by 1pm eceryday so not bad

Ah so your one nof them that just sticks a leaflet through the door and runs off lol

im a courier i work for target/citylink in aylesford do 100 drops a day round ramsgate, margate and broadstairs done by 1pm eceryday so not bad

Ah so your one nof them that just sticks a leaflet through the door and runs off lol

i was thinking that.....

dude you sure you want to admit you for them

I'm a part time pole and lap dancer. :sick: and Russian gymnast. :blink:

I also teach people to drive when I'm not prising myself off a pole or lap.

My hobbies are complaining about the Driving Standards Agency and drinking Gin.

On my top ten list of things to do before I die is to lunge at the Pope.

My starsign is capricorn, my unlucky stone is Ronnie Wood, and my unlucky number is anything sung by Des O'Connor.

Favourite football team is Acrington Stanley.

I'll stop now.

Jim.

I'm a uni student studying a business information systems degree, and was until I quit recently due to non payment of wages an IT technician (3rd line/onsite) so I'm now looking for a part time job in IT incase anyone has any going at their place of work or can hook me up somehow ;) Done network installs etc.

I spent 20 yrs as an engineer in the RAF, specializing in later years in weapons and explosives - don't annoy me, I know 100 different ways to re-unite you with your creator.

Now, I do something a little different.

My main job is as an actuary in life insurance determining how much money we need to keep the company solvent and meet all the rules. If you don't know what an actuary is, and most people don't (the remainder regret they do), it's effectively an accountant who's very good at maths and has no personality.

There are a few jokes about actuaries. E.g. what does an actuary use for contraception?; how do you spot an extrovert actuary? See below for answers.

We actuaries are useful though. I can tell people how long they can expect to live and how many years they can expect to live gibbering in a rest home, or the size of Gordon Brown's pension in multiples of that paid to the average pensioner and how much he takes from every litre of fuel. Bet you regret reading now, eh?

I have some other jobs, such as free babysitter for my boys when my ex-wife wants to go out, free business adviser for my ex-wife, bank-rolling my ex-wife in her 5-bed house while I live in a rented flat in an Asylum (honest).

I'm thinking of packing it all in, living off benefits and replacing my maintenance payments with unpaid work for my wife (seriously).

Ian

His personality!

He mumbles at the other person's belt not his shoes.

All PMs gratefully received.

My ex-wife checks her car underside with a mirror every morning.......but she's safe as I'd never risk blowing up my boys by mistake. She'd better watch out for the pressure-activated shotgun cartridge underneath the driver's seat though. One of my lads did build one for a motorbike but we persuaded him it was a bad idea to put it on his own bike as he might forget to flip the arming switch off one day (it was pretty spectacular when we set it off on his test bike)

Cheers,

Ian

• 6 months later...

I have done this before on other forums and it has proved to be quite useful. Don't know whether it has been done on here or not, but I ma sure there are more members now joined since the last time.

Anyway - It can be useful and who knows, we could help each other out in a number of ways!

I'll make a start.......in a clean thread below

Role - MD

Company - JobPatch.com

What we do - We advertise recruitment vacancies for employers (online). Job seekers apply for the jobs that employers advertise. We also have loads of tools (free) for Job Seekers to write CV's, read up on how to interview for a job, how to ask for a pay rise and more.

Area covered - Midlands (Gloucestershire to Staffs)

Help to members? - If you need a job or know someone that does, we may be able to help you out - new jobs added daily

Used to work in IT as 3rd line techy but that was part time otherwise I'm a student, well just finished my final exams so fingers crossed I'm technically not a student anymore nearly as I graduate in july :D I'm unemployed now lol

Role Deputy Team leader Maintenance department

Company - British Energy (part of the EDF group)

What we do - Generate Electricity through Nuclear Power Reactors

Area - Heysham

Help to members? - Not really cant really bottle the electricity at the voltage we put it out :lol:

Role Self employed...Out of work just now dam credit crunch hitting hard

Company - Through Ringlink Scotland

What we do - Skilled labour from driving moxi dumpers to installing gps so tractors can drive in a straight line

Area - aberdeenshire

Help to members? - If you need help with any work am your man..ok bit despirate but not had work for 3 weeks :shutit:

RoleVB .Net/SQL Programmer/Analyst Contractor. DIY mechanic!

What we do Analyst/Programmer/Consultant in VB .Net, Lotus Notes, SQL Server. Any development/business analysis undertaken, especially in the finance sector. Above skills are the key skills but any language/platform would be undertaken. Any car work like servicing, brake servicing considered. Currently on a 3 day a week contract, so two days a week left for other stuff like cars ;)

Area - Preferably Hampshire, but anywhere considered dependent on rate

Help to members? Probably not a lot but any software development requirements could certainly be catered for. Credit crunch is making the contract market very hard at the moment so any enquiries welcome, for software or vehicle work.

Role Nightclub/Theme Bar DJ (or general tart :winky:)

What I do Play loud music for money (or is it play music loud for money ?)

Area Located London/Kent border, work mostly central London plus Reading.

Help to members ? help with all sorts of Music/Home Audio & I.C.E advice in general or more specific on IS200

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links