Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The 'what You Do For A Living' Thread

littlelegs

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you must of missed this one.

And you must of missed the opening thread. I wonder how many repeat posts we can find on this forum, brake judder, rattles, best type of oil, perhaps you are the man to tell me Fargo, aka forum watchdog .. :P

Role lorry driver (big lorrys lol) driver for THE REAL MCKAYS

What I do :whistling: drive lorrys :winky: land fish from boats and deliver all over from the north of scotland to the south of cough cough england lol and france,denmark,holland

Area Located the world lol based at buckie n.e scotland, yards in peterhead and aberdeen

Help to members ? no unless u like fish :whistling:

main areas i work /deliver to are buckie,fraserburgh,peterhead,aberdeen edinburgh glasgow ayr north shields immingham grimsby fleetwood manchester liverpool plymouth just to name a fewmybanner4a1f06bc8231c.jpg

Role - Self employed driving instructor (grade 5)

What I do - I give automatic driving lessons to people who struggle with learning in a manuall. I am qualified to teach both manuall and automatic.

Location - I am based in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire. I teach mostly around Harlow, Bishops Stortford area.

Help to members - If anyone wants to improve their driving then give me a shout. I only charge if you need advanced lessons for commercial use.

Almost forgot, my name is Jim but will also respond to OY, AY YOU, etc.

you must of missed this one.

And you must of missed the opening thread. I wonder how many repeat posts we can find on this forum, brake judder, rattles, best type of oil, perhaps you are the man to tell me Fargo, aka forum watchdog .. :P

and if people used the SEARCH button more then there wouldnt be half as much repeat posts. and yes i am the man to tell you... :whistling:

I'm a Merc truck and van mechanic working at a main dealers.

May be able to help with any faults on Sprinters, Vito's etc...

Mark

oooh gud to know will give u a bell next time this happens to me :whistling:

mybanner4a1f093c647d0.jpg

tell people to use the search button..

Do you have a handlebar mustachio? Is your name 118? Is this a new service you are offering? How long you been established? Don't you find its a little bit boring? :whistling:

oooh gud to know will give u a bell next time this happens to me whistling.gif

Of course! Unless it's terminal I may well be able to help!! Rar occasion seeing an Actros be towed away though.

Mark

Mark

my dad has a couple of merc commercials - sprinter(312D & 315cdi)and a vito(111cdi), tell me something, why are the electrics on them so $hit?...they go through light bulbs, like there's no 2moro.....they do carry the weight well though- sometimes u forget theres weight in the back....i prefer the 312d old school(1999 "T" plate, with over 200,000 miles on clock and still pulls like a train)

Nothing to do with the Merc electrics causing bulbs to blow. Its just the filament in the bulb that goes. Maybe try a different brand of bulbs? The old 312D's go like stink. They eat the new 315CDi's for breakfast. I'd sooner have a 311 than the 315 to be honest, the twin turbo system is hardly ideal. It's just a test run for the cars really.

The new sprinters do drive very well with weight on board. They also are a lot more comfortable than the old ones!

Same as jsj24uk.

Self employed Driving Instructor. Have my own business since leaving BSM in October 2008.

I teach manual and work in most RM postcodes and surrounding area's of Essex.

I can help anybody recommended by a LOC member by providing their first driving lesson a FREE!! :) Good times!!

PS. Is it me or does Fargo sound miserable? you ok mate?

Think most of realise this has been done before and know about the search button. But its nice to to have an up to date thread on such things. Its good for new members who might not post on such an old thread, or even look for one with such a specific title. If you don't want to add to it then simply don't! :)

Mark

my dad has a couple of merc commercials - sprinter(312D & 315cdi)and a vito(111cdi), tell me something, why are the electrics on them so $hit?...they go through light bulbs, like there's no 2moro.....they do carry the weight well though- sometimes u forget theres weight in the back....i prefer the 312d old school(1999 "T" plate, with over 200,000 miles on clock and still pulls like a train)

the haulage company i work for have mainly merc actros and headlight bulbs are for ever blowing(flipping annoying as hell) where as the volvos we have hardly ever blow, mercs are 54 plates thru to 58 plates volvos 05 to 09's, but saying that prefer the mercs for cab space

oooh gud to know will give u a bell next time this happens to me whistling.gif

Of course! Unless it's terminal I may well be able to help!! Rar occasion seeing an Actros be towed away though.

Mark

actros devolped eleccy fault ie tacho stayed on rest woohoo whilst i was driving, speed govener stopped working (again WOOHOO) could do 85mph plus heehee(so i was told :whistling:0 but most worring was it would apply brakes by its self (gremlins :duh: ) which was not funny whilst bombing it down motorway at legal speed of 56mph :lol: to suddenly come to a complete halt for no apparent reason oh yeah and gears reversed themselves ie wen trying to select low gear it always put me in highest gear and NO reverse gear at all, problem eventually diagnosed and sorted as a complete fuse box failure due to water damage corroding terminals, recovered from grimsby to merc garage in immingham and all wireing in fuse box ended up with new connectors 36 long hrs later i got on road again

and if people used the SEARCH button more then there wouldnt be half as much repeat posts. and yes i am the man to tell you... :whistling:

So what do you do for a living then? :D

From my thread when I was selling my Aristo I'm sure Fargo is a hitman. As soon as he found out I had someone interested in my car they seems to disappear off the face of the earth - coincidence??? :whistling: :whistling: and he can Skydive (aka Bond style)...... B)

PS

Er........ I work for myself and play with computers!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links