Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problems With Amp Bypass

Hello,

I have a 02 lexus is200se and have brought an new double din dvd hu and as my car as a built in amp i need to bypass it which i have now got the cable to do it and have now connected it. I went to my local sound system dealer and he said they are no good and can interfear with reception and also gives feedback, has anyone had any problem with doing this?

Your dealer is talking nonsense. A decent amp bypass cable will work fine. You need to make sure you connect up the power feed to the OEM aerial amplifier (a wire that runs alongside the aerial cable) to your new head unit to make sure the aerial amp is powered, or you will get very poor (if any) radio reception.

Where did you get the cable, eBay ?

Your dealer is talking nonsense. A decent amp bypass cable will work fine. You need to make sure you connect up the power feed to the OEM aerial amplifier (a wire that runs alongside the aerial cable) to your new head unit to make sure the aerial amp is powered, or you will get very poor (if any) radio reception.

Where did you get the cable, eBay ?

yes made it cost 17 quid

See this thread for details of how to make the fascia kit blend in well with the dash. As Stav said, you should get basic instructions on how to put it together when you get the kit. Did you get a fascia kit and no instructions ? If so I would go back to the seller on that. In the worst case I'm sure some people could scan the instructions for you.

I have brought a dvd head unit do u know how to connect it so that your can still play movies while the car is moving?

Usually the instructions tell you to connect it to the handbrake circuit, which is grounded, i.e. it only lets you play DVDs when it senses a ground. So if you attach it to a permanent ground (e.g. the bolts into the chassis underneath the gear surround) then it'll play DVDs all the time.