Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

57 plate 220 D SE-L or 07 plate 250 SPORT MM both manual, desiel has 22k mls petrol 14k mls and similar price, any opinions welcomed

Lexus don't make good diesel :o poor mpg, gearbox (six gear only above 70mph)

Sport all the way from me :winky:

57 plate 220 D SE-L or 07 plate 250 SPORT MM both manual, desiel has 22k mls petrol 14k mls and similar price, any opinions welcomed

If you prefer a more refined engine, go for the petrol. If you want to save money in the longer run, go for the diesel (manual petrol tax I think is on the highest bracket). Gearbox is OK in both cars (but as mentioned above 6th unusable below 70 mph in the diesel). The torque in the diesel is quite good, in comparison the petrol lacks a bit of overtaking power.

The SPORT trim gets you better wheels, but the ride is very firm (not good for UK roads) due to "sport" suspensions. The SE-L trim has all the toys, but also comes with those pieces of plastic wood that are a bit ugly.

Drive them both, they are very different.

PS: If the diesel does not have MM, then definately go for the petrol.

We tried most of the range before getting a Sport and looking at all the complaints about the diesel on this forum we made the right choice. Yes the ride is a tad hard and the tax is horrific but nothings perfect. :)