Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

looks like one of my keys' Battery has gone. It still works 'proximity mode' but the buttons don't open or close the car. (red light shows, but nothing happens) - other key works fine.

The manual says dealer replacement only - is this right and does anyone know how much we are talking?

I changed the Battery in mine as the receptivity of the signal appeared to lessen severely. Mine has a single CR2016 3v in it and there was no problem changing it. I had already swapped the cover as my old one had broken so I was not expecting a problem.

If it has two batteries maybe 1 is keeping a memory alive.

You could always wire up another temp Battery to the terminals while you swap out the old then in the new.

Someone else may tell you different, I'd wait and see.....

I changed the battery in mine as the receptivity of the signal appeared to lessen severely. Mine has a single CR2016 3v in it and there was no problem changing it. I had already swapped the cover as my old one had broken so I was not expecting a problem.

If it has two batteries maybe 1 is keeping a memory alive.

You could always wire up another temp battery to the terminals while you swap out the old then in the new.

Someone else may tell you different, I'd wait and see.....

which key do you have ? one is self replacement the other says dealer only. mine is the big one where the actual 'key part' is slides back into the fob.

Mine does not slide it is a fob, has 4 buttons on it. lock unlock trunk and hazard and the "chipped"key is separate The other key is just a key too but apparently not "chipped"

sounds like we have different keys

Go here:

http://bahamutcars.free.fr/workshop/LS_01-...ents/index.html

Can take a while to load, then look on the menu at the left.

go to:

Repair Manual ( - 2003.7 )

then to:

BODY ELECTRICAL

then to:

WIRELESS DOOR LOCK CONTROL SYSTEM

then to:

REPLACEMENT

Pages BE-127 and BE-128

That tells you how to change the batteries on both the key and keyless entry remotes on the 430.

And if changing the Battery doesnt work, have a look at REGISTRATION PROCEDURE, see if the transmitter has fell out with the car.

looks like one of my keys' battery has gone. It still works 'proximity mode' but the buttons don't open or close the car. (red light shows, but nothing happens) - other key works fine.

The manual says dealer replacement only - is this right and does anyone know how much we are talking?

Go here:

http://bahamutcars.free.fr/workshop/LS_01-...ents/index.html

Can take a while to load, then look on the menu at the left.

go to:

Repair Manual ( - 2003.7 )

then to:

BODY ELECTRICAL

then to:

WIRELESS DOOR LOCK CONTROL SYSTEM

then to:

REPLACEMENT

Pages BE-127 and BE-128

That tells you how to change the batteries on both the key and keyless entry remotes on the 430.

And if changing the battery doesnt work, have a look at REGISTRATION PROCEDURE, see if the transmitter has fell out with the car.

looks like one of my keys' battery has gone. It still works 'proximity mode' but the buttons don't open or close the car. (red light shows, but nothing happens) - other key works fine.

cheers - I range Lexus today and its only £8.50 and they do it for you - apparently if you are too slo9w you have to register the key again - so they can take the risk rather than me.

I ended up changing the Battery as I had a spare one already - no joy the buttons still do not work but the 'proximity' mode does.

Surely if the 'proximity mode' works then it can't need to be resynched?

I also tried doing the diagnostic mode as per the manual above, but I couldn't get it to work with either key.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links