Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Wheels

Nils

Hi Everyone, can any1 helrm p or advise, when i start driving i hear a clicking noise from the front driverside wheel havent checked other side as yet, hear it between abt 10-20mph, cant hear it wen goin faster due to the wind. Does any one know wat it cuould be?

Thanks

ive checked for stones non visible. the noise seems like rubin as the wheel turns thk it may b the disks on the pads as it increases more under breakin. Any1 with any ideas pls.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
Hi Everyone, can any1 helrm p or advise, when i start driving i hear a clicking noise from the front driverside wheel havent checked other side as yet, hear it between abt 10-20mph, cant hear it wen goin faster due to the wind. Does any one know wat it cuould be?

Thanks

A possibility could be the curse of the brake pads moving in the calipers. Seems to a be a design fault by Lexus with other owners suffering with it on this forum as do I. Some days my wheels click and clack like crazy, others they dont. This is mainly at low speed, turning and going over bumps. I also notice it when I reverse and apply the brakes.

I dont hear it at high speed because of the wind.

Not a lot you can do really, apart from change the pads, slap them up with copper ease, before fitting them and hope for the best.

my car is due for a service soon, so Ill get the garage to look at it.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers guys, went down 2 wim after chattin 2 Tony, once on the ramp indications my front disks and pads were not suitable/adapting to the car, they have now changed it all, calipers were fine, however rear disks do need changing. But still get viabrations in steering wheel around 50-60mph, fine when driving 70 or over. Think it may need balancing