Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Con - Surge When Cycle On & Off

Not had my Ls400 very long but have just started using the air-con as the weather has warmed up and I noticed that you can really feel when the air con cycles on & off - If I'm braking and it decides to cyle either on or off at the time I actually have to adjust my braking to compensate - never had this on any other car - sure you can see the revs rise / fall when it cycles but it is actually quite off putting to drive.

Is this normal?

Hi,

Take it to kwik fit, they`ll sort it. It`s amazing what those guys can do these days. Apparently, all the LS range does it, probably something all those engineers in Japan overlooked when designing one of the finest cars on the face of the planet.... except for mine it seems....I must be the lucky one! Funny how it just seems to be on the older models that have required attention at some point in their lives. Weird. :whistling:

****I removed my previous post and joined the lemmings****

Please forgive me.

I reckon it is ....mine does the same,drives itself with the aircon on!

It's the 'idle up' arrangement, presumably to reduce the risk of the engine stalling, when the compressor kicks in.

my compressor i believe is goosed( just happened today), when i put ac on the touch screen ac button flashes at me and if i touch it again the compressor makes a horrendous noise, and no cold air just what i want this time of year NOT

my compressor i believe is goosed( just happened today), when i put ac on the touch screen ac button flashes at me and if i touch it again the compressor makes a horrendous noise, and no cold air just what i want this time of year NOT

i second ROYT - mine does exactly the same

And me too,,, on idle i can feel the a/c powering up n down and when braking the brakes seem steady then will suddenly bite more causing the car to surge to a stop , if that makes sense.

steve