Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Factory Stereo Error Urgent Advice Need ,please

Hi All!

Yesterday evening my factory stereo showed the error message for me for the first time.

There are 6 CDs in it. Some of them are home made some are original. For about 10-15

minutes the stereo decided not to play any of them. I was swapping the discs from 1-6 a

few times and became OK after that.

OK. My question is: what should I do with it ? I still have 2 weeks Lexus Approved

Used Warranty on the car. Do You think Lexus will replace it if looks OK on the time when

they will check it????? I rely like the stereo uniform look so I don't want to replace it with

any different ones.

Regards Akos

Lexus probably won't be interested if you've got problems with home-burned discs. See if you can reproduce the problem with commercial CDs, and take it into Lexus. Even if you can't reproduce the problem, take it in to Lexus anyway and tell them, to give you a chance of them being sympathetic if you get the problem shortly after the warranty expires.

Does the warranty say anything about the stereo ? Hopefully it's not an exclusion.

Lexus probably won't be interested if you've got problems with home-burned discs. See if you can reproduce the problem with commercial CDs, and take it into Lexus. Even if you can't reproduce the problem, take it in to Lexus anyway and tell them, to give you a chance of them being sympathetic if you get the problem shortly after the warranty expires.

Does the warranty say anything about the stereo ? Hopefully it's not an exclusion.

The warranty not covering the things like wipers , tyre , wear and tear things . So, I'll load the stereo with 6 factory discs and see what's gonna happen. Cheers

I would book it in straight away saying you're having problems with standard discs, even if the headunit is on the way out it may not show again in the next two weeks...........

The limit I believe is 5 years from new, I don't think the Lexus extended warranty covers

the Head Unit I'm afraid if the car is older than that :crybaby:

It is 2001 Nov. :crybaby:

I'll phone them first thing on Monday morning.