Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Laptop Overheating? Slightly Worrying

Saraj

Your opinions please?

A left my laptop on and on my bed today, with it powered on. i turned off all the features such as standy and stuff cause i hate it when it does that

went to my sisters house, came back, went in the bedroom to find a bit of a burning smell.

straight the laptop came to mind, lifted it up and it burnt the bed duvet cover !

only slightly marked nothing major, but thats awfully worrying !!

anyone else suffer from heat problems on laptops and anywhere to reduce it?

don't leave it anywhere where the vents can get blocked, the air is very warm out of mine too so i've always been conscious of anything that may cover them, even little things like not leaving my phone next to the laptop incase its too close to the vent when its on its desk

Your opinions please?

A left my laptop on and on my bed today, with it powered on. i turned off all the features such as standy and stuff cause i hate it when it does that

went to my sisters house, came back, went in the bedroom to find a bit of a burning smell.

straight the laptop came to mind, lifted it up and it burnt the bed duvet cover !

Sounds like you blocked off all the ventilation. When I am using mine on my lap, I always place it on a hard board (a chopping board or a tea tray is good) so that the space under the laptop is kept clear. Even with the fan vents open there are parts of the underside that get quite warm and I would never put it down on a soft surface such as a bed.

Have you read the safety warnings in the handbook? Mine says:-

"The (ventilation) openings should never be blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug or other similar surface".

Guest inicol63

Saraj that was lucky as i guess it could off caused a fire.

Still you now no not to place it there again lol.

So now you have a duvet with a iron burn and laptop burn cool lol

May be a good idea to turn your laptop off:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1790621/pc_p...p_battery_fire/

May be more than a burnt duvet next time..

Your opinions please?