Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Painting Quotes

I've got the TRD front and rear lips taking up space in my lounge, and I really need to get them fitted on my car. After Lexus's ridiculous quotes I decided to check out a couple of local body shops and get prices for painting only (not fitting).

First quote was £220 plus VAT, which I thought was not too bad. The second quote though was for £120 plus VAT, think I've found who will be doing the job ! :D

What's the quality of the work work like of the guy who will be doing the work for £120?

Cheap does not alwasys mean quality.

What's the quality of the work work like of the guy who will be doing the work for £120?

Cheap does not alwasys mean quality.

I know what you mean. But they're only lip spoilers, it's not like they're painting the bonnet or something that's going to be highly visible.

i paid 250 for prepping second had rear and sides, new front, spraying and fitting..

sounds like you get a decent price.

Just look at some of there other work first to be sure.. if its bad you will spot it a mile of especially on the rear..

Guest inicol63

Shame that you never had a solid colour as you could of done them yourself.

I would pay a little more and get them to put them on.

Another tip dont let them spray it while they have it on the car as you get water marks that if you get them to put it on.

The reason i would get it put on by the body shop is it easy to scratch your car while adding the kit to it.

I agree with what Ian said and pay a bit more to get them fitted.

Because if you damage them or the car when you fit them it will cost you more in the long run.

And if the bodyshop dose it they will sort out any mistakes they make.

Just make sure you get a fixed price for the job, incase it takes longer to fit than they expected.

I paid £250 to get the side skirts & front lip spryd and fitted.

i paid £60 to get my tte front bumper painted amazing job looks factory the boy said it was a nightmare to do as their was a few layres of paint on it!!lol!

going to see him tomorrow to see how much to paint my new trd skirt and bumper. B) B) B) B)

i'm looking at £250 for a 2nd hand TTE front bumper and TTE rear skirt.....

That's good, I paid £500 to have the kit sprayed and fitted, but the bumper needed a lot of prep work as I wanted it stripped back completely before painting so I guess that was part of the reason..........

i'm looking at £250 for a 2nd hand TTE front bumper and TTE rear skirt.....

That's good, I paid £500 to have the kit sprayed and fitted, but the bumper needed a lot of prep work as I wanted it stripped back completely before painting so I guess that was part of the reason..........

well this bumper needs stripping back as its in red at the mo and has stonechips and crazing in the laquer so will need some work. only problem is that the colour match is gonna be a royal PITA as i dont want it blending into the bonnet etc so i can replace my original bumper at a later date when i sell the car and have the colour match fine.....

the price i was quoted excludes fitting, but the bumper *should* be reasonably straightforward??

Go to somewhere recommended if possible, i had front back and sides and boot spoiler all sprayed fitted for £500 but was at a decent well known spray shop, and they admitted it was a pain in the arse to match up. But it transformed the look after, i wouldnt have an IS without them on now.

well this bumper needs stripping back as its in red at the mo and has stonechips and crazing in the laquer so will need some work. only problem is that the colour match is gonna be a royal PITA as i dont want it blending into the bonnet etc so i can replace my original bumper at a later date when i sell the car and have the colour match fine.....

the price i was quoted excludes fitting, but the bumper *should* be reasonably straightforward??

Similar to mine then, I don't think fitting is a big problem, what I was concerned about is that the early (non washer) TTE bumpers weren't as perfect a fit as the standard bumpers are so I preferred them to do it in case the paintwork got damaged in the process :)

Yeah the quote was just to spray the lips and no blending etc, Rob. These guys seemed confident that matching was no problem, and I will be getting them to re-confirm this when I get them to do the work.

I think blending depends on the colour, on my blue car they did no blending at all and it looks spot on, but not sure how it would work with silver as I know that's a tough colour to paint match.

Just popped down to the body shop again. They quoted me £80 plus VAT to fit both the front and rear lips, which sounds quite reasonable to me so I'm going to go for that.

They also got out their paint charts. Their normal ones weren't quite right for my car (Platinum Ice), but they got out their own one that they'd made up in the past for painting this colour, and in the bright sunshine it was spot on.

Will drop the spoilers off to them soon for painting, then a few days later will take my car in for the fitting, can't wait ! :D