Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mountain Road

I took a brake from revising today and went for a blast over the famous mountain road section of the Isle of Man TT course. It is one-way for the next two week and I just had to have a go.

The lexus was terrific, the engine was very happy to rev and with the 6 speed 'box it was constantly accelerating. The steering was very informative letting me know just how much grip was left from the uniroyal tires. At one occasion entering a 90mph+ corner the car just seamlessly slide into the apex and glided back out no understeer or oversteer just a very satisfying slide. The thing that most impressed me however was the brakes. They never faded the paddle was always at the top firm and ready for the next corner. The IS200 is a great handler and much better than I expected.

I loved it.

Yep, good ain't it !

I'm looking forward to another trip to the IOM soon, not being a biker it's a bit scary though when I'm 'doing my best' under the footbridge, and a bike comes past making me look like I'm in a layby having a buttie!...followed by one in the other direction doing about...er....600MPH I reckon!

Sounds good mate,

may come over for the TT one day, prob just as a foot passenger then have a few beers.

IIRC my mate still has a hotel on the island so hopefully have somewhere to stay.

I took a brake from revising today and went for a blast over the famous mountain road section of the Isle of Man TT course. It is one-way for the next two week and I just had to have a go.

The lexus was terrific, the engine was very happy to rev and with the 6 speed 'box it was constantly accelerating. The steering was very informative letting me know just how much grip was left from the uniroyal tires. At one occasion entering a 90mph+ corner the car just seamlessly slide into the apex and glided back out no understeer or oversteer just a very satisfying slide. The thing that most impressed me however was the brakes. They never faded the paddle was always at the top firm and ready for the next corner. The IS200 is a great handler and much better than I expected.

I loved it.

I did warn you! Seriously, I am glad you had a good time - I'm on the Ben My Chree from Heysham at 1415 tomorrow, with the bike, and spending the next 11 days on The Island. Maybe see you in the next few days?

I did warn you! Seriously, I am glad you had a good time - I'm on the Ben My Chree from Heysham at 1415 tomorrow, with the bike, and spending the next 11 days on The Island. Maybe see you in the next few days?

Kool Kool they are not to many bikers over at the moment but I suspect they will be coming thick and fast over the next week. I am sure you will see me and most likey on the Mountain Road. 98 FMN and blacked out windows :whistling: Give us a toot and a wave when you overtake me :shifty: Where are you staying? camping or hotel. O and a KTM X-bow good chance I will be in that getting scared s :tsktsk:less with my dad.

Yep, good ain't it !

I'm looking forward to another trip to the IOM soon, not being a biker it's a bit scary though when I'm 'doing my best' under the footbridge, and a bike comes past making me look like I'm in a layby having a buttie!...followed by one in the other direction doing about...er....600MPH I reckon!

I do get quite a few surprising glances when big super bikes cant pull away in the twistys but thats only because I know the roads. It is bloody scary when you are doing 100mph and they come screaming past.

Sounds good mate,

may come over for the TT one day, prob just as a foot passenger then have a few beers.

IIRC my mate still has a hotel on the island so hopefully have somewhere to stay.

You should definately come over for the TT but make sure you book your tickets a year in advance. It is a wonderful atmosphere (similar to Le Mans IMO) and a great sense of occasion.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am home, safe and sound, after a great week at TT 2009. The racing’s been fantastic, I’ve met up with lots of family and friends and put in a lap or two. Not sure whether I saw your IS or not, but there’s certainly an excess of SportCrosses on The Island. Round here, you rarely see any, there are at least 4 different ones on The Island.