Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Vip Style Aristo Project

lam

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Couple of "minor" upgrades taking place over the next few days...unfortunately, it means I won't be at Japshow Finale :(

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0265.JPG[/

Nice one mate ...real VIP...

no mate more like real FAST.........

So as we're now waiting on parts to come from places far and wide, I got it off the jacks and carried on with the rest of the service.

Think Nick from www.garage2you.co.uk has found the reason for my bad handling

IMG_0270.JPG

Bolt missing from the drop link, then upon further inspection and reference to the EPC, home made drop links!!

So more parts ordered!

While he was in a playful mood, he had a quick mock up.

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0273.JPG

So, he will be finishing the polishing while we wait for the parts to arrive and also working on the manifold, so we can get the damn thing to fit!

Toyota delivery. £370 worth of bits right there!!

IMG_0290.JPG

Bag of Haribo to anyone that can spot which one is the non-Toyota item.

IMG_0292.JPG

Close up of the Heath Robinson special

IMG_0291.JPG

New drop links in

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

Adjusting the lopsided suspension, you can see how much it was altered to compensate for the non connected and quite frankly ******* drop links. (I'm hoping that's the fault, as can see no other issues with the suspension)

IMG_0295.JPG

Ride height adjusted, both sides measured for suspension height differences and floor to arch differences.

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

New Toyota exhaust manifold gaskets

IMG_0298.JPG

But why? I hear you say.

Because the manifold is now straight and fits

IMG_0299.JPG

Quick pic to show the hole, that'll be filled with a 3" down pipe, plenty of room down there for the screamer pipe, unlike on the MK1s. Why? front sub frames are completely different.

IMG_0300.JPG

That's about it, apart from another, oohhh shiny!

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

Should have some serious progress by the weekend, as bits are arriving thick and fast.

So the T3/T4 adaptors have finally arrived, phew!

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

Now the proper build starts.

IMG_0306.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

Tomorrow and Friday should see the back broken of the custom work such as downpipe, oil drain, screamer pipe, coolant line for the heater matrix feed. Then it can all go back to together. The compressor housing is being polished also, but can only be done last, due to the amount of handling the turbo will be having.

What was up with the manifold ? You say it wasnt straight ????

Basically, the flanges on the manifold needed a bit of machining flat so that everything would mate together smoothly. Also, the holes for the manifold studs needed a tiny bit of machining to line up straight with the block.

Manifold removed, T3/T4 adaptor bolted on, and the wastegate bolted on.

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

Keen eyes might see the wastegate is facing the wrong way, this is because the outlet would otherwise be pointing right at the steering column with only about an inch clearance, and no room for a screamer exit. This way there's room with some clever plumbing, although I've just had an idea that might be easier for me :D

Oil feed adaptor in place on the block, the other at the rear of the block gets blocked off

IMG_0317.JPG

Exhaust side engine mount done (ooppps nearly forgot)

Picture of old mount

IMG_0319.JPG

Not in bad condition as it goes, but the new one improved the engine wobble, I imagine the other side is worse, but it's not on the priority list at the moment.

Top of the 3" down pipe done, and fitting nicely with a V-Band

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

Looks good mate,

but could i suggest you SERIOUSLY consider bracing that manifold up to the max.

as youve already discovered with the not quite flat face the XS power stuff isnt the best made. So id suggest you brace it before it cracks.

Looks good mate,

but could i suggest you SERIOUSLY consider bracing that manifold up to the max.

as youve already discovered with the not quite flat face the XS power stuff isnt the best made. So id suggest you brace it before it cracks.

Ditto my boy ditto

• 4 weeks later...

Brief update as follows:

some shots of when it was going back together.

Compressor housing off as being polished

IMG_0340.JPG

Going back together

IMG_0341.JPG

Compressor housing back on

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

Full finished pics to follow this week, the replacement wastgate landed Thursday night and was hoping it was going to arrive Friday/This morning, but customs got hold of it and had to pay custom fees, so it's due to arrive with me Monday now, so I'll put everything back together for the 4th time, and it better be the last!

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links