Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

OK guys i need some help here. I have the gs 300 sport i think but the log book says it's a gs300. I have the rear wing fitted to the sports but any other ways of telling. Are all the sports listed as gs300 on there log books. I need the info for insurance reasons.

Help me out here please.

Which mk is your sport?

For the Mk1, the differences were

• TTE 18" Alloy Wheels (with optional 18x10"wide rears)
  • Rear Spoiler
  • Colour coded Mesh Front Grill
  • "Sport" Logo under NSF Fog lamp
  • "Sport" etched effect logo in rear quater lights
  • Lowered Suspension by 25mm all round

Can't remember what my Log book says, but bear in mind they didn't leave the factory as a "Sport", they were changed once they reached these shores. So it could be a lottery as far as the log book goes, depend at what point they were registered, i.e. either pre or post mod'ing. Especially if it is the dealer who registers it.

For the Mk2 you will have:

18" wheels (TTE)

Two colours on the leather steering wheel

Sport etched into the rear window (quarter light)

Low front bumper (lip)

Spoiler with LED light on boot

Possibly mats that say "GS300 Sport' on them

Is this enough?

For the Mk2 you will have:

18" wheels (TTE)

Two colours on the leather steering wheel

Sport etched into the rear window (quarter light)

Low front bumper (lip)

Spoiler with LED light on boot

Possibly mats that say "GS300 Sport' on them

Is this enough?

OK sounds promising then. I have the 18" wheels but not the 10"s on the back. I do have a sport sticker on the lower fog lamp and on the rear quarter glass. The car has been lowered more from what i was told. I also have the rear wing.

BTW it's a mk1 i think on a R plate, 97.

lexus1-1.jpg

lexus3.jpg

lexus2.jpg

I agree with Patch, certainly looks like a "Sport". I think I saw your one on eBay, is it the one with "Vogue" badges on the doors?

Yea thats where it came from. I have a lead on some genuine 10" rims. If the price and condition is right i will snag them.

I agree with Patch, certainly looks like a "Sport". I think I saw your one on eBay, is it the one with "Vogue" badges on the doors?

Yea thats where it came from. I have a lead on some genuine 10" rims. If the price and condition is right i will snag them.

Thought I recognized it :lol: I would ditch the vogue badges myself, not quite sure what the previous owner was thinking!

Shame you weren't looking for wheels on eBay last week, I missed the end of the auction but a set of 5 wheels, including the two 10" rears went for a steal of £143, well miffed I missed the end as I would've bagged them as spares for refurbing.

Some guy in liverpool on there is selling some single wheels, sadly the 10" has cracks in it. Something to be carefull of if you are getting some of the 10" rears, it is not uncommon for them to be cracked and therefore not hold the tyre pressure, so be alert when buying them second hand.

OK guys i need some help here. I have the gs 300 sport i think but the log book says it's a gs300. I have the rear wing fitted to the sports but any other ways of telling. Are all the sports listed as gs300 on there log books. I need the info for insurance reasons.

Help me out here please.

When I had my 1996 Sport the V5 just said "GS300" even though it was a genuine Sport. I later found out on here that they came into this country as regular GSes and were then modified by Lexux GB to the Sport spec, so this might impact on the V5's details.

Thanks for the help guys. Think i saw those rims on ebay last week. Missed the end. I will be sure to ask the seller if the rears are ok.

It was me selling the wheels on eBay, and yes I was gutted to let them go for £142. Thought they would go for more! Never mind, you win some / lose some