Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gone To The Grey Side - Bought A Honda S2000 Rev-monster

Anees

It's fantastic car Anees :D looks lots better in real life, very nice to drive :winky:

Thanks mate. You did look like you were enjoying driving it! :D

Its just one of those cars that if you drive it normally its ok but nothing special- but when you grab it by the scruff of its neck and drive it like you stole it, it does come alive.

It's fantastic car Anees :D looks lots better in real life, very nice to drive :winky:

Thanks mate. You did look like you were enjoying driving it! :D

Its just one of those cars that if you drive it normally its ok but nothing special- but when you grab it by the scruff of its neck and drive it like you stole it, it does come alive.

Yer but i lost most of my hair in the wind :lol:

Love them cars. Clarkson said it is one of the best engines ever!! Have to agree with him, we only got the German car because the wife hates thrashing cars to get them to go.

Yeah yeah, any excuse German car lover :P ..... (just kidding mate, my maincar is German. lol)

The S2000 still has the record for the highest power output from any normally aspirated 2.0L engine ever built! A crazy 120bhp per litre - that record has stood since 1999.

Now thinking about it logically, most manufacturers are moving towards fitting small turbos so its probably not worth anyones while to try and get more power from a normally aspirated engine when you can just stick some form of Forced Induction on it but still an impressive fact.

Talking about that -

A friend of mine told me that driving a convertible is bad for your hair! :o

Apparently, with the wind rushing through your hair it pushes your hair back so your hair-line receeds more and more and you eventually end up bald! :unsure:

He got me worried AND then said that since he is loosing his hair anyway, he will do me a "favour" and buy the car for the sake of my hair. :blush:

Talking about that -

A friend of mine told me that driving a convertible is bad for your hair! :o

Apparently, with the wind rushing through your hair it pushes your hair back so your hair-line receeds more and more and you eventually end up bald! :unsure:

He got me worried AND then said that since he is loosing his hair anyway, he will do me a "favour" and buy the car for the sake of my hair. :blush:

anees wait for it and here it comes need my hair cutting mate :whistling:

you know i have got to add my coments mate :crying:

any way it looks good mate catch up soon bud

anees wait for it and here it comes need my hair cutting mate :whistling:

you know i have got to add my coments mate :crying:

any way it looks good mate catch up soon bud

My question to you Neil is - can you afford to loose so much hair with a hair cut?? :P :lol:

Look forward to seeing you soon mate.

Anees

Will have to meet up sometime mate and have a mixed breed car meet :lol:

Stunning car though mate and the colour combo is spot on :D

Yeah would be good to sort a meet out - I'd love to check out your Skyline too! A mate of mine had a R33 GTS-T in Maroon a few years back and it did look the business - until he spun it :whistling:

You won't believe this, but I have just spent the past few hours cleaning and waxing it using some of the Klasse glaze and sealent that Matt McNally organised a group buy of a few years back. Show how often I normally clean my cars - that must be 3 - 4 years old and is virtually full! :o :blush:

Considering how small the car is I have managed to do the front end and one door! :lol: Will try to finish it off tomorrow - I'm just abit slow at this stuff.

Will have to meet up sometime mate and have a mixed breed car meet :lol:

Stunning car though mate and the colour combo is spot on :D

Yeah would be good to sort a meet out - I'd love to check out your Skyline too! A mate of mine had a R33 GTS-T in Maroon a few years back and it did look the business - until he spun it :whistling:

You won't believe this, but I have just spent the past few hours cleaning and waxing it using some of the Klasse glaze and sealent that Matt McNally organised a group buy of a few years back. Show how often I normally clean my cars - that must be 3 - 4 years old and is virtually full! :o :blush:

Considering how small the car is I have managed to do the front end and one door! :lol: Will try to finish it off tomorrow - I'm just abit slow at this stuff.

:lol: i'm dreading polishing mine mate with it all being black, and its not the smallest of cars to polish :blink: But i do have my polisher so should take quite a bit of work out of doing it B)

Might have the dyno sheets for mine Friday, but the last time it was run it put out 253.8 at the hubs running 0.5bar from what the tuner said when i rang about it? so not too bad, and i can turn up the boost to 0.8 to keep the turbo in the safety zone :o but 0.5 will do till i get used to it :lol:

Will have to pop up sometime mate and have a good look at your new toy, always liked the S2000 there a very tidy looking motor :D

looks tidy anees,, what does one of these set ones wallet back

To be 100% honest with you if you wanted one as a fun 2nd car for weekends and the summer I wouldn't really bother getting a 2004+ model like mine where they softened the car slightly and made it a bit easier to live with.

If I were to do it again, I'd save a shed load of money and buy and early 1999 - 2001 model - to drive they are just as good and you haven't got as much money tied up in a car and your not as paroniod about scratches and chips. I have seen early S2000s for around £6k - 7K mark but I'd say you need around £8K for a nice example with reasonable mileage. Once you go past 2004+ the revised models go for quite alot more.

Alternatively keep an eye out if you have any contacts with a garage and see if you get a damaged one cheaper to repair - with them being RWD and apparently twitchy in the wet they do get crashed quite alot. I've seen loads on eBay that you can tell have spun - but is a risky strategy.

I was saw a few 18k for almost brand new one 2008/09 like 100 miles :) I went to look at them last week, great car i'd like but my insurance was still a little high. So looking at the RX-8 now unless I can save a little more, I love the extras you have..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links