Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gone To The Grey Side - Bought A Honda S2000 Rev-monster

Anees

Hi guys,

I thought I would share some pictures of my latest purchase. I got it a few months ago as a project/toy for the Summer. To be honest at first I wasn't overly impressed but once you "GET" how to drive the S2000 it does get under your skin and the sound of the VTEC scream is addictive.

You really have got to drive the car like you hate it to get the best out of it - it revs to 9K RPM before the redline. Its not as slow low down as I was expecting and the handling is superb - not found it twitchy at all yet and it really looks superb.

Now knowing me, you wouldn't expect me to leave the car standard would you?

In addition to the standard Honda S2000 GT Features the car has had the following items added since car was purchased:

Honda Front Lip

Carbon Fibre Rear Spoiler

Honda Side Stakes

Standard 17" alloys Powercoated and painted in Black - look stunning in the flesh

Parking sensors (hidden behind the bumper so as to not spoil the cars looks)

K'N Air Filter

LED bulbs and lights all round

Painted Brake Calipers

LED Rear 3rd Brake light

Rick's S Badges

Brand New 17" Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric Tyres (Just about the best tyres you can get at the moment!!)

Genuine Honda Black Chrome S2000 Badges (matches the wheels)

Its a much more fun to drive car for me then the Aristo was - obviously a totally different car and not in the same league performance wise (well in a straight line) but just a proper sports car. With the weather we have been having recently I have been taking it to work and its a nice experience having a convertible in the sun. I love hitting the Pennines in it and going for a blast when conditions allow. I had some fun last weekend when I had a visitor from London with an Aristo; obviously his car was quicker in the straights but on some twisty roads he admitted I was leaving him for dead! :D :shifty:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

Its the kind of car that just makes you want to go for a drive; which is the feeling that was missing from the Aristo. Not being a turbo you don't get the shove I am used to with my diesel but once the car is wound up it really can shift!! :whistling: The S2000 just revs and revs and revs and you don't realise the speed until you look at the digital speedo!

And for the information of Chris (Aztec), Wozza, Gord, Geoff, Neil, Mitul (Skeet94) and Imran (Vazoosh) - NO I can not offer advice on hair clippers and I do not offer hair dressing services. :P :lol:

i looked at one 3 years ago before i bought the lexus and they are a mental car.i loved the digital rev counter,i couldnt take my eyes off it just to see how far it would go.and who can forget that big red button that says ''engine start'' :P

i looked at one 3 years ago before i bought the lexus and they are a mental car.i loved the digital rev counter,i couldnt take my eyes off it just to see how far it would go.and who can forget that big red button that says ''engine start'' :P

Problem is 2nd gear VTEC for only a few seconds and you are over 70mph already! :o

I do like the engine start button too :)

WOW mate, that looks great. I am actually looking in getting one of these soon. i will probably still need my Lexus but the "convince wife that this is what we really need" process has started. But your one is just really nice. \

Guest inicol63

The Honda s2000 is a great icon for a sport car.

I wanted one but needed a Auto model and they dont do one.

My brother has one and never stop enjoying the drive and it the same colour as yours he still can not get the smile off his face every time he drives it, the only problem he going to lose his licence because he wants it up to 7000 to 9000 revs.

Have a look at the ones on utube 700+ bhp.

Yours looks a lovely car so enjoy and get that roof off :geek:

Cor blimey! I like that alot. I had a 55 reg Accord 2.4 Sport (Estate), the 2.4 engine in that was sweet enough, but I only enjoyed it in the VTEC range. As for the S2000, it's the car of many people's dreams, I'd love one, and that one is superb Anees. What do they run 240bhp?

Very nice mate, thought you'd brought a suzuki capuccino though :D

Love the interior mate and the colour is probably the best you can get on the s2000 and the wheels really do set it off B)

look forward to seeing it soon mate :D (when i pop up for my spray tan and pedicure :lol: :P )

That looks lovely mate, perfect colour combo and I don't think the S2000 is a hairdressers car at all............I really want to have a go in one of those at some point as have to experience those engine revs that everyone always raves about :D

Some really nice mods there too, except those "S" badges on the bonnet and bootlid, I'm sorry but I think they look horrible :shutit:

That looks spot on mate, some nice subtle mods so far but got to agree with Parthiban re the "S" badges. Other wise, it looks quality. Any performance mods planned?

except those "S" badges on the bonnet and bootlid, I'm sorry but I think they look horrible :shutit:

lovely motor mate!! stunning in fact!! i'm toying with one of these or a 350Z next i'm afraid to say! what sort of power is urs putting out fella??

BTW, have you seen the rotrex conversion TTS in silverstone offer for the S2000?!?!?! Their demo car is insane - 450bhp mate with the stage 2 upgrade IIRC!

Thanks for the comments guys! :)

S Badges - yeah I know they are not to every ones taste but are pretty popular in the US and I like it when people try to work out what car it is! I might take them off and stick some Red Honda racing badges on however at some point. For the moment I like them however :)

The standard car is 240bhp and pretty light. Power mods are hard to do really unless you go for Forced Induction which is serious money so I might consider an induction kit for more of a VTEC scream but its hard to find one for reasonable money that doesn't actually lower power so modifiying the stock airbox might be an option. The other thing I'd like to get is a snorkel whch directs more air to the airfilter and stops the car "kangarooing" in traffic.

I might play with the handling since there is loads can be to done but power wise I don't envisage doing that much. To be honest I don't think a convertabile necessary has to have crazy power -just "enough" which I feel it does.

I was half expecting to have the worset summer on record because I have bought a convertible but fingers crossed it stays like this! :D

Looking fantastic Anees, loving the interior colours and the wheels too.

BTW when can you fit me in for a Wax Sack & Crack ? :whistling:

Mr Wozza - I'll do you a deal. If you can fit into the drivers seat confortably and turn the steering wheel without catching your arms on the sides I might pay for you to get a Wax, Sack & Crack done :P :P

I drove one a couple of years back, well actually I should say thrashed one for a bit :winky:

It was a tight fit as the top was up as well, I can't honestly remember exactly how tight it was tho :unsure:

Since you have to rev the car it does feel like your thrashing it- but then thats part of the fun :whistling:

At meets, I think we need to have three parking areas - Lexus, Jap cars and German cars :D