Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Fog Lights Still Wont Work:(

hawk77

Well, I replaced the light bulbs, I replaced the relay as well, I've checked for any short or anything ..nothing. Any thoughts? Twilight Zone? POltergeist ?:))

I am getting really fustrated with this ....

What else is out there that I can check and make sure is working?

If its the front fogs you're on about i had the same problem.

I eventually took them out the bumper and realised the backs and connections were rotten and in no state for repair. I had to purchase a new set.

If its the front fogs you're on about i had the same problem.

I eventually took them out the bumper and realised the backs and connections were rotten and in no state for repair. I had to purchase a new set.

Yep, the front ones I talking about. I've checked mine and the are in a good condition.

I presume you've checked the fuse ?

That was the first thing I checked. :).

poss two fuses?their is on some toyotas

I presume you've checked the fuse ?

That was the first thing I checked. :).

poss two fuses?their is on some toyotas

Damn it ...I knew it!!!!

What 2 fuses mate? There is one in the passenger side (inside the car) ...where is the other one?

Are the regular tail lights working ok ? There's a separate fuse for those but I think it's just one main fuse for the front fogs (although the 120A alternator fuse is involved as well, but I think you'd have a lot more not working if that had failed).

Does the fog light indicator light up on the dash ?

Are the regular tail lights working ok ? There's a separate fuse for those but I think it's just one main fuse for the front fogs (although the 120A alternator fuse is involved as well, but I think you'd have a lot more not working if that had failed).

Hi mate, well the back fog light are working( i think) but the fog light doesn't light up on my dash. I will double check when I get home. What other fuses I would need to check and are they located.

Actually they are working mate..including the dash light. However, the front ones ...no go.:(

Actually they are working mate..including the dash light. However, the front ones ...no go.:(

How about the normal tail lights (not fog lights), I presume they work ok ?

When you say the front ones don't work, does the dash light come on when you switch them on ? I wonder if the problem is with the switch on the stalk.

How about the normal tail lights (not fog lights), I presume they work ok ?

When you say the front ones don't work, does the dash light come on when you switch them on ? I wonder if the problem is with the switch on the stalk.

The tail lights work ok.

When I switch the front ones on the dash light doesn't come on...never have but the fog lights were working fine. When I switch the back ones on, the dash light comes up. :huh:

So, how can I check the switch on the stalk?

Thanks for your help in advance mate.

ok, there are two different lights on the dash for that, one for the rear fogs and one for the front fogs. Seems a bit odd that you never had the dash light come on even when the front fogs are working.

I know you said you replaced the relay, but are you sure the new one was the correct relay and was working ok ? Have you tried testing to see if there is current passing out of the relay when the front fogs are switched on ? The dash light for the front fogs is on the same circuit as the front fogs themselves, so the fact that it isn't coming on means either (1) the dash light isn't working or (2) nothing is coming out of the relay (for whatever reason).

I don't know how you can check the stalk switch, but I would certainly check the relay too. I will see if I can find anything about the stalk switch.

Just to double-check, the fog relay that you swapped, it was the one labelled as number 7 in the passenger side junction box, shown in the diagram below, yes ?

diag_1CqPl73.png

Yep, I checked the relay and it was working fine. The dash light I think it has been taken out or something by the prev owner. I will replace some bulbs in my dash just to make sure I've got everything but as I said before, they were working fine.

HEEEElp

Yep, I checked the relay and it was working fine. The dash light I think it has been taken out or something by the prev owner. I will replace some bulbs in my dash just to make sure I've got everything but as I said before, they were working fine.

Can you check the relay in-place on the board ? i.e. using a multimeter, finding no current coming out of it in the normal situation, then when you turn the fog light switch on, whether anything is coming out of it then ?

What year is your car ?

Can you check the relay in-place on the board ? i.e. using a multimeter, finding no current coming out of it in the normal situation, then when you turn the fog light switch on, whether anything is coming out of it then ?

What year is your car ?

'99

What year is your car ?

'99

Thanks. Just asking because the wiring diagrams are very slightly different.

You really need to do some testing with the multimeter, if you haven't already, as Rabster and I have suggested.

If the previous owner really did take out the warning light for this then that sounds really weird, and somewhat suspicious.