Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help With Side Skirt Please!

888ken

Hi guys, wify bought me a pair of skirts from lexus and I had it sprayed & fitted by an accident repair garage in Birmingham.

The skirts look okay from distance, but when I look closer, the rear sides of the skirts don't look right to me. Seems lie the skirts are a few cm longer :unsure:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3341/358950...e5ab04d.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3393/358951...74ffc6f.jpg?v=0

Please can anyone show me what's yours like, or tell me if this guy has fitted it wrong :sad:

Are these OEM/genuine skirts or aftermarket/copies?

Where are these from? Ebay/Lexus?

Edit: Just re-read your post, you got these from Lexus. Someone here who has skirts fitted will be along to answer your q- I don't have skirts/bodykit fitted to my IS200.

Hello and welcome to the club matey :)

They do look a bit long looking at the pics? i know when i fitted mine they were a very good fit and had no gaps at either end, have you still got the black plates fitted that are fixed to the inner arch where they screw in?

Best pic i could find of mine at the moment?

LEX41-1.jpg

mine were the same.

i believe there is a fixing bracket at both ends that fills the difference. we made one as mine were second hand..

Look or post pic of how fitted at the front end, as i think they may taken the plastic black bit off that run up the wing, this would account for the skirt being/looking long, or it may just be a copy of the OEM one's :o

Look or post pic of how fitted at the front end, as i think they may taken the plastic black bit off that run up the wing, this would account for the skirt being/looking long

think thats it Gord..

Look or post pic of how fitted at the front end, as i think they may taken the plastic black bit off that run up the wing, this would account for the skirt being/looking long, or it may just be a copy of the OEM one's :o

Thanks guys for the quick responses.

Here's how the front end looks at the moment.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3607/358960...6fcd767.jpg?v=0

And, as you said, he gave me back two little plastic arch like things, that I don't know where it was before, or where did he take those off? Were these fitted to the front arch or the back arch? If they are for the back arch, I couldn't see any screw holes on the arch itself?

BTW, this was bought from Lexus dealer, I suppose this would be original then....

Thanks guys for the quick responses.

Here's how the front end looks at the moment.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3607/358960...6fcd767.jpg?v=0

And, as you said, he gave me back two little plastic arch like things, that I don't know where it was before, or where did he take those off? Were these fitted to the front arch or the back arch? If they are for the back arch, I couldn't see any screw holes on the arch itself?

BTW, this was bought from Lexus dealer, I suppose this would be original then....

They are from the front, and this is part of your problem, they need to be fitted as they act as spacer, they use the same screws as in the pic mate, and run up the inside of the wing.

Ps, your fitter should of had a read of the fitting instructions, then they would have known, how have they fitted them to the under side of the car, just pop under and see if you can see 4 bolts (each skirt) bolting it to the under side of the car.

Thanks Gord, yes, there are four silver bolts under each skirt. Was it right? or should they just use the plastic blocks supplied with the skirts?

The silver bolts SHOULD be screwed into the white plastic blocks supplied with the kit, please tell me they are :question:

Does it mean I shouldn't see any screws under the skirts? Any recommendations to get this fixed Gord?

BTW they are RCT motors, was recommended by Simon at Jawel paints.

Well you need to take them off, put the plastic bits back on, and start again mate, but if you not happy for then to do the work again, as they really have not fitted them right in the 1st place, it not that hard to do, but if you do yourself you will need some d/side/tape.

Have to go work now mate :duh: