Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dvla

Guest inicol63

Guest inicol63

Well i had a buyer for the car, and i and phoned DVLA because i want the transfer done on my personal private plate valued at £1500.

Could not believe what they said i not allowed to sell the car until the transfer goes through, they have said this could take 30 working days.

Also at any time they could ask to see the car with the owner.

If the car went as it was i loose the plate asit would stay with the car.

I thought it was a matter of popping to your local DVLA office with the paperwork and them doing it while you waited.

Anyone with any clues to what i can do?

Well i had a buyer for the car, and i and phoned DVLA because i want the transfer done on my personal private plate valued at £1500.

Could not believe what they said i not allowed to sell the car until the transfer goes through, they have said this could take 30 working days.

Also at any time they could ask to see the car with the owner.

If the car went as it was i loose the plate asit would stay with the car.

I thought it was a matter of popping to your local DVLA office with the paperwork and them doing it while you waited.

Anyone with any clues to what i can do?

i bought on retention then just went to the DVLA office and had it done there and then. Took about 30 mins to do all paperwork, inc tax, logbook and mot.

i would pop to the dvla office and see what they say.. take them a nice cold drink to speed matters along!!

Yeah, take all your paperwork down to your local DVLA office and they will do the transfer/retention immediately.

You might have to wait a while, as they are always busy, especially if a trader turns up with 5-10 transfers he wants doing (this is my experience at the Leeds DVLA office!). My advice is get down to the DVLA office early- 1st in=1st out.

Guest inicol63
Yeah, take all your paperwork down to your local DVLA office and they will do the transfer/retention immediately.

You might have to wait a while, as they are always busy, especially if a trader turns up with 5-10 transfers he wants doing (this is my experience at the Leeds DVLA office!). My advice is get down to the DVLA office early- 1st in=1st out.

I have spoken with DVLA and they will not do this over the counter as the plate is not on retension it on the car.

Had it been on rentension then that would of worked.

Not sure if i can get the new owner to add me as the grantee of the plate (v317 form) i think if this is done i retain the plate.

What do you guys think?

Guest inicol63

OH well ! i shall see if he will give me extra money for the plate and if he accepts i will refund him the money when he get the plate put on retension.

That is the only way i be selling the car.

So watch this place.

Picking up the wife new car on Thursday.

Guest inicol63

Hi Adrian well not sure he will wait that long.

If not then i pull out and start again after the the plate been moved.

Lesson learnt lol

Guest inicol63

Five days is a good turn round Chris might go to there office tomorrow and do the same.

Not sure if the buyer can wait until i get it back i shall speak to him later.

Yep putting a plate on retention is a pain in the backside, something I always recommend people to do as soon as they decide to sell a car, rather than once a buyer is found..........

However, from when I last did it a few years ago, the actual switchover was instant at the DVLA office, but it's waiting for the updated paperwork that takes a few days (they quote 28 days or so, but it actually came much sooner)

Guest inicol63

I not going to sell the car now until the documents are returned to me.

Lucky that i did not need to sale the is200 as i would not be picking up the wifes new car tomorrow.

I not going to sell the car now until the documents are returned to me.

That's a good decision mate, best to wait for the new V5 with the other reg on and your retention document before selling the car :)