Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changed From Is250 Se-l To Gs450h Se Today.

I have to say I love this car. It seems to give the same fuel ecconomy as the IS250 but is a great deal faster on accelaration.

I was very concerned with the noise from the air conditioning at first, it seemed way louder than the IS250, but then I realised the radio was playing static, sounded simillar to rushing air. Anyway once the stereo was turned off I was very pleased with the noise level.

I'm not convinsed by the Battery charge level yet. I will be paying very close attention to the charge level on the batteries tomorrow to see how much charge has been lost overnight.

I have a few problems with the purchace which do not reflect on the quality of the car, but I feel I have to mention. I would be gratefull to hear your comments on this.

Before I took a test drive in the car I was very carefull to look at all the visible details on the car, I paid great attention to the condition of the wheels, tyres and interior.

The wheels were imaculate, looked like brand new not a mark on them, simmilarly the interior, the seats looked like they had never been used. I even mentioned to the sales man that the interior looked incredible and unused.

So today I went to collect the car, and paid the balance on the car and had a good look at it again before I drove it away.

Two of the wheels have noticable damage on them, one half way round the rim of the wheel, and the seats now have very noticeable creases on the leather.

I didnt want to refuse the car, so I took it. Is there any way I can get Lexus UK to look at this issuse?

I thought I had a good deal on a car, only to have the dealer to swap out parts to save themselves some cash.

What should I do now?

I have to say I love this car. It seems to give the same fuel ecconomy as the IS250 but is a great deal faster on accelaration.

I was very concerned with the noise from the air conditioning at first, it seemed way louder than the IS250, but then I realised the radio was playing static, sounded simillar to rushing air. Anyway once the stereo was turned off I was very pleased with the noise level.

I'm not convinsed by the battery charge level yet. I will be paying very close attention to the charge level on the batteries tomorrow to see how much charge has been lost overnight.

I have a few problems with the purchace which do not reflect on the quality of the car, but I feel I have to mention. I would be gratefull to hear your comments on this.

Before I took a test drive in the car I was very carefull to look at all the visible details on the car, I paid great attention to the condition of the wheels, tyres and interior.

The wheels were imaculate, looked like brand new not a mark on them, simmilarly the interior, the seats looked like they had never been used. I even mentioned to the sales man that the interior looked incredible and unused.

So today I went to collect the car, and paid the balance on the car and had a good look at it again before I drove it away.

Two of the wheels have noticable damage on them, one half way round the rim of the wheel, and the seats now have very noticeable creases on the leather.

I didnt want to refuse the car, so I took it. Is there any way I can get Lexus UK to look at this issuse?

I thought I had a good deal on a car, only to have the dealer to swap out parts to save themselves some cash.

What should I do now?

I would not have taken the car until it was put back as you viewed it,I can't understand why you did nice car or not because they have conned you.

As regards Lexus looking at it have you got proof IE photos of the wheels and interior if not you will have a job to proof anything.

I'm not convinsed by the battery charge level yet. I will be paying very close attention to the charge level on the batteries tomorrow to see how much charge has been lost overnight.

CHILL! Your traction batteries will be fine! Just enjoy your new rocket sled :driving:

What should I do now?

I would not have taken the car until it was put back as you viewed it,I can't understand why you did nice car or not because they have conned you.

As regards Lexus looking at it have you got proof IE photos of the wheels and interior if not you will have a job to proof anything.

At least I will get to tell what happened to Lexus UK. They phoned me up today to ask about my experience of buying the car and the dealer service, we talked for a while they said they will send a questionaire by post. I will make very clear what has happened.

Are you absolutely sure the marks weren't there when you saw the car last? Did you raise these issues before taking the car? Personally I wouldn't have taken it, but I'm really shocked a dealership could swap parts like that if they have.............

The wheels I'm sure the dealer would refurb if you had raised the damage, but the leather is a bit more complicated.........

If you purchased it from a Lexus dealer as an approved used car you can return it up to 30 days/1000 miles, although it is subject to conditions. Have you discussed these issues with the dealer concerned in order to give the dealer the opportunity to rectify these things? If it was a Lexus approved used car then the things you have described would not come up to the required standards so it is important to have the problems verified ASAP otherwise you will have difficulty proving that the said issues were present at the time of purchase. Hopefully your dealer will resolve these things and you will enjoy owning your 450h.

Are you absolutely sure the marks weren't there when you saw the car last? Did you raise these issues before taking the car? Personally I wouldn't have taken it, but I'm really shocked a dealership could swap parts like that if they have.............

The wheels I'm sure the dealer would refurb if you had raised the damage, but the leather is a bit more complicated.........

I'm absolutely sure, I checked each wheel in turn both the condition of the alloys and the tread depth, the wheels looked brand new. As for the interior I was very surprised to see the drivers seat was perfect and looked unused, for a car with 40k miles this stuck in my mind. When I took the car, the seat looked as you would expect from a car with that many miles.

I did raise these issues with the salesman, I had however already paid the balance on the car. It didn't even occur to me that I would need to check over the car again before paying. Not at a Lexus dealership, I didnt expect this at all.

Yes it is a dealer approved car.

As for the idea of returning the car, there won't be a refund. You have to take another car off them instead. I assume at full marked price, with no price negotiation. To be honest I wouldn't want to deal with them again.

As for the batteries, they were at the same charge level this morning, and the car says it is returning 34mpg this evening :), which is almost exactly the same as I was getting from the IS250 Auto.

EDIT: It's now giving over 38mpg since the tyres were correctly inflated, and since I've learned how to drive the car more efficiently. That's about 8 to 10% more than I could get from the 250Auto on the same round trip.

I'm absolutely shocked that this was done by a Lexus dealer, the wheels are allowable to a certain extent (happened to us when we bought our Merc, they kerbed some of the alloys moving it around the dealership just before we were to collect , but they refurbed them and all was good)

The leather is an interesting one though, it is possible they polished them up which made them look great and then over time the creases have reappeared..........if the car has any sort of mileage on it it's very unusual for the seat to look perfect.

I would go back to the salesman who knew everything was perfect when you first saw it, explain everything and give them an opportunity to refurb the alloys and have a leather technician rework the seat.

I'm absolutely shocked that this was done by a Lexus dealer, the wheels are allowable to a certain extent (happened to us when we bought our Merc, they kerbed some of the alloys moving it around the dealership just before we were to collect , but they refurbed them and all was good)

The leather is an interesting one though, it is possible they polished them up which made them look great and then over time the creases have reappeared..........if the car has any sort of mileage on it it's very unusual for the seat to look perfect.

I would go back to the salesman who knew everything was perfect when you first saw it, explain everything and give them an opportunity to refurb the alloys and have a leather technician rework the seat.

When asked about the seats the salesman, said the leather can stretch and contract and look different from day to day. I can't say I ever noticed this effect on the last car however. I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt.

Whilst I can understand your concerns regarding your car and the dealer, it is surely a little unfair to slag them off without first giving them the opportunity to rectify these issues.

Whilst I can understand your concerns regarding your car and the dealer, it is surely a little unfair to slag them off without first giving them the opportunity to rectify these issues.

Well, I got a call from the dealer today , in responce to the feedback I'd given Lexus UK.

They are going to sort out the wheels for me and fix the door issue.

I have to say I'm pleased the issue is going to be resolved. It's much better to have a local dealer to use for services and warranty issues, than having to drive 30 or 40 miles.

If I'm happy with the job they do, I'll use them in future.

We'll see.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, they want to take the car back for 2 to 3 days to fix the wheels. Seems like a long time when a wheel refurb can be done by a man in a van an hour or two.

They also want to see the wheels again to see what the damage is.

Like they don't already know. :/

So now I have to find time to go visit them on 3 more occassions.

It seems the Lexus customer service ethic is only as good as that given in your local Lexus dealer franchise.

My advice, buyer beware, make sure you get information on the reputation of the dealer before you deal with them. DO NOT assume the Lexus sign on the franchise means you will get good service.

Well, they want to take the car back for 2 to 3 days to fix the wheels. Seems like a long time when a wheel refurb can be done by a man in a van an hour or two.

My advice, buyer beware, make sure you get information on the reputation of the dealer before you deal with them. DO NOT assume the Lexus sign on the franchise means you will get good service.

That's not unreasonable, a proper wheel refurb will take a couple of days - it was the same when I had mine done.

Agree with your second point though, based on what I've read on here recently, it does appear that some dealers have dropped the ball of late but if you go to the right ones some still have impeccable service, hope it all gets resolved quickly though :)

It seems the Lexus customer service ethic is only as good as that given in your local Lexus dealer franchise.

But surely you have only yourself to blame for this one. You paid for and drove the car off the Dealers lot knowing it had faults. Then you asked them to rectify the issues only then to whinge at the remedy they have offered. Seems more than a tad ungrateful of you IMHO.

A proper wheel refurb takes a good couple of days, and if it is done correctly then you should be corrosion free for the future.

But surely you have only yourself to blame for this one. You paid for and drove the car off the Dealers lot knowing it had faults. Then you asked them to rectify the issues only then to whinge at the remedy they have offered. Seems more than a tad ungrateful of you IMHO.

A proper wheel refurb takes a good couple of days, and if it is done correctly then you should be corrosion free for the future.

I didn't know it had faults when I paid for it!

It didn't occur to me that parts would be swapped between test drive and purchase.

I won't make the same mistake again.

They could have offered to replace the wheels with those that were originally on the car. They could do that in an hour, not 3 days.