Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just put my IS250 autoMM in for the outstanding issues ...engine rattle ,brake calipers, steering rack,alloys, and back window rattle.They gave me a deisel loan car with 4,500 miles and believe it or not it is rattle free!!!!!I now know what the car should sound like on bumpy roads!!!

The deisel is a nice drive as long as you treat it as a 4 speed.Glad though I have the petrol as it is a smoother affair .Oh and averaged 40 mpg on trip back

I have just put my IS250 autoMM in for the outstanding issues ...engine rattle ,brake calipers, steering rack,alloys, and back window rattle.They gave me a deisel loan car with 4,500 miles and believe it or not it is rattle free!!!!!I now know what the car should sound like on bumpy roads!!!

The deisel is a nice drive as long as you treat it as a 4 speed.Glad though I have the petrol as it is a smoother affair .Oh and averaged 40 mpg on trip back

My is250 SEL Auto MM is over 3 years old. When I first got it, it was rattle free. Had to replace the windscreen after about a year and a rattle was added for free!!

Lexus Hedge End resolved the problem at the next service so I was a happy bunny.

Two months ago, another windscreen had to be put in and, hey ho, the courtesy rattle was thrown in...

Service wasn't due for a while so I decided to apply some first aid. I had some stiff but flexible foam in the garage so, after some trial and error, manage to force a strip down between the console and the windscreen right in the centre in front of the speaker grill. It had to be tucked well down which also meant that it was not visible.

No more rattle.

Worth a try....

PS My last loan car was the diesel and I couldn't wait to get back to the super smooth automatic box that uses all the gears.

My is250 SEL Auto MM is over 3 years old. When I first got it, it was rattle free. Had to replace the windscreen after about a year and a rattle was added for free!!

Lexus Hedge End resolved the problem at the next service so I was a happy bunny.

Two months ago, another windscreen had to be put in and, hey ho, the courtesy rattle was thrown in...

Service wasn't due for a while so I decided to apply some first aid. I had some stiff but flexible foam in the garage so, after some trial and error, manage to force a strip down between the console and the windscreen right in the centre in front of the speaker grill. It had to be tucked well down which also meant that it was not visible.

No more rattle.

Worth a try....

PS My last loan car was the diesel and I couldn't wait to get back to the super smooth automatic box that uses all the gears.

From the opposite side I have the 220d SE, don't get me wrong, really like the car but after having a 250 SEL on loan during a 3 day warranty visit, what I would do to swap!

Seriously looking at the sums at the moment - mine is a company car so car tax might be a problem but I reckon with the cheaper fuel and if you could get around 40mpg on a motorway run in a 250 (and motorways are my main form of travel), there would hardly be any difference in running costs - that's my dream anyway!

No more rattle.

Worth a try....

From the opposite side I have the 220d SE, don't get me wrong, really like the car but after having a 250 SEL on loan during a 3 day warranty visit, what I would do to swap!

Seriously looking at the sums at the moment - mine is a company car so car tax might be a problem but I reckon with the cheaper fuel and if you could get around 40mpg on a motorway run in a 250 (and motorways are my main form of travel), there would hardly be any difference in running costs - that's my dream anyway!

There is virtually no difference per litre between petrol and diesel. Last year there was an average 13p per litre differnece between them, now as prices have gone up, there is 1-2p difference`. Can someone explain why this is other than a need to discuise the price hikes a bit better .

I have had both petrol and the old diesel IS and now just have a newish 2200d and a RX for the misses!

I did have numerous issues with my old 250, rattles, sweaks, brakes, but it had a much smoother auto box compared to the newish manual 220d.

Everyone said i was mad having a 220d but the new one which is a year old is stunning, gearbox has seemed to have improved. I have believe it or not also a rattle free car !!! so far its been a great car. I know the history of the older 220d on these boards shows problems but mine has been the opposite.

I get around 42 - 45 mpg on the 220d up and down the motorway and i don't drive like miss daisy

It has had all the recalls done and is so much more economic the old 250 how you can say they are the same is stupid!

I have my fuel costs on my credit card for one year in the real world and the petrol compared to the diesel is 17% more expensive to run so far.

Rgs

The buzz!

There is virtually no difference per litre between petrol and diesel. Last year there was an average 13p per litre differnece between them, now as prices have gone up, there is 1-2p difference`. Can someone explain why this is other than a need to discuise the price hikes a bit better .

The 13p difference only happened last year when prices went through the roof. Before that there was always only 2 to 3p difference. The 13p difference came about because demand for diesel was higher in this country than the supply, also countries like China and India were taking a lot of diesel. The recession has eased demand for diesel so the price differential has decreased.

Demand for diesel has gone up globally due to shipping apparently. Sea Tankers now use Diesel instead of less refined but more polluting heavier oil based fuel. A friend in the shipping business mentioned this to me 2 days ago.

So diesel is now more expensive than it used to be almost everywhere. Simple demand and supply.