Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

B&m Shortshifter

i didnt bid until the last 10 secs mate!!

looks like a few ppl were bidding on em.. after what rob told me i would have gone to £90 so its a good job i didnt bid in the second.. that wouldhave been greedy! glad you got the other one mate..

@rob:it looks just like that in the picture and there from graham goode so hopefully the same aswhat i tried in your car..

@aaron: they are the cheapo versions..

just hope i get used to it now!!

i think i have seen japspeed ones before. i will try and dig up the link

You posted a link to the Japseed ones earlier in this thread :winky: . They look the same as the other ones being listed on eBay.

oh yeah i did.

Mine arrived this morning.

Rob had offered to help me fit but after looking at stavs walkthrough and the instructionssupplied it looked simple enough and being impatient i decide to do it myself!

Wasnt so difficult having had the centre console out a few times already. It feels very stiff and not entirely sure just yet. I saw a pots from Aido saying to 'lube it up' and im assuming he meant the locater part but wasnt sure.

Will report back after a drive and with a pic or two!

Nice.

Means mine should be waiting for me at home or at least a "We tried to deliver a package" card from a courier shoved through my letterbox.

Was it easy to install? First impressions? Get some pics up mate.

VERDICT

its MUCH quicker in changing gear now!

it is stiff and a little tiresome in traffic, im hoping it slackens a little?? and there is slightly more road noise, this is easily fixed though. I think i need to have the Hulk with me to get reverse though!!

overall it feels much sportier and adds to the driving experience!

hmmmm..

if i could get one with a guarantee then i would be considering it!

I would get you one with a guarantee mate :D cost more mind :winky:

sounds interesting Gord!!

i will PM you once i make my mind up!!

ahh ok mate, glad u got it fitted alright. sorry i missed ur call earlier- was in the lab trying not to kill myself :lol: :lol: :whistling:

yea it does take some getting used too but believe me its soooooooooooooooooo much better than standard!! and it does 'slacken off' as u say over time and reverse on mine is now very smooth to get into.

rob

great news..

pm me if you need any help and will send you my number. its fairly straightforward though, especially if you use stavs guide too.

great news..

pm me if you need any help and will send you my number. its fairly straightforward though, especially if you use stavs guide too.

If I run into problems I'll drop you a PM (thanks for the offer btw)- can't really see there being a problem, had a quick look at the instructions supplied, looks simple to install. I have printed off Stav's fitting guide as well.

VERDICT

its MUCH quicker in changing gear now!

it is stiff and a little tiresome in traffic, im hoping it slackens a little?? and there is slightly more road noise, this is easily fixed though. I think i need to have the Hulk with me to get reverse though!!

overall it feels much sportier and adds to the driving experience!

Well, I fitted my quickshift on Saturday and I totally agree with your comments- amazing piece of kit.

I'd recommend a quickshift kit to anyone with a IS200.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links