Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I installed my sat nav DVD today and to my delight the disc updated another feature. My wife rang when I was in the car and I could hear her, very loud, so loud I had to turn the volume down whilst on the move!

I thought that the phone volume was rubbish, very quiet indeed, but the new disk has solved this!

I am also pleased the nav now knows the roundabouts on the A1 have been removed and that Sheffield has new roads! Cool.

You have reminded me- need to update my Tom Tom.

Last time I drove down the A1 (From Leeds), my Tom Tom thought that I was driving in a field and not down the A1 (where the roadworks have been taking place)!

You have reminded me- need to update my Tom Tom.

Last time I drove down the A1 (From Leeds), my Tom Tom thought that I was driving in a field and not down the A1 (where the roadworks have been taking place)!

Ha, exactly my problem, although my old nav DVD was from 2005 so I had a lot of missing roads etc!

I am also pleased the nav now knows the roundabouts on the A1 have been removed and that Sheffield has new roads! Cool.

It doesn't know about M1 J29A though :whistling:

Now you spoiled it.................. ;)

Hi Knitware,

How much did you pay for your DVD....has it got Europe on there as well?

Rgds, Tony.

Hello Tony,

I paid £129 as I got a 10% discount. I think there are 5 dvd's covering the whole of Europe.

Hi Knitware,

Rgds, Tony.

Hello Tony,

I paid £129 as I got a 10% discount. I think there are 5 dvd's covering the whole of Europe.

The way to do it is go on eBay. I got a new Europe West DVD 08-09 from someone in Greece. They had to buy a whole set of 4 DVDs to get Europe East so then they sell the rest of the DVDs on eBay - you see it quite often. I got mine for £35 inc delivery

Then you sell your 07-08 DVD on eBay.

The net cost of my upgrade was about £10

Is simples, yes?

Malc

• 5 months later...
Hi Knitware,

Rgds, Tony.

Hello Tony,

The way to do it is go on eBay. I got a new Europe West DVD 08-09 from someone in Greece. They had to buy a whole set of 4 DVDs to get Europe East so then they sell the rest of the DVDs on eBay - you see it quite often. I got mine for £35 inc delivery

Then you sell your 07-08 DVD on eBay.

The net cost of my upgrade was about £10

Is simples, yes?

Malc

I have new shape GS300. My current DVD says 86271- 64012 and below that 86271-60V542. According to the Lexus map update site I can get new DVD for €159. Cannot see any discs on eBay. Anyone know of any cheaper sources?

Thanks

TD