Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lightweight Flywheel

It is not worth fitting a lightweight flywheel. I was thinking to fit one when I got the SC. I was informed from the Lexus mechanics that If I used a ligtweigt flywheel the car would rev like crazy and I would harm the engine. Better to get an OEM flywheel.

when i got my clutch changed. the flywheel had high spots on it. which now is getting worse so that why im asking.

Well they are cheaper than a standard one thats for sure, jun make the flywheel mate, not 100% sure but you could try sumopower as they sell jun flywheels or you old mate Dave at prolex can get you one :o

right thanks guys. well i will try look for one out of a breakers and see if i could find one in good condition.

i will phone sumopower and see from there.

It is not worth fitting a lightweight flywheel. I was thinking to fit one when I got the SC. I was informed from the Lexus mechanics that If I used a ligtweigt flywheel the car would rev like crazy and I would harm the engine. Better to get an OEM flywheel.

what does he mean rev like crazy..... :unsure: thats poop it helps the car to rev quicker thats about it a car will only rev to its limiter and no higher.it will also rev to its limiter with the standard fly too..so i dont think he's know'n what hes talking about.

what does he mean rev like crazy..... :unsure: thats poop it helps the car to rev quicker thats about it a car will only rev to its limiter and no higher.it will also rev to its limiter with the standard fly too..so i dont think he's know'n what hes talking about.

What I meant is that It will rise the enigne rpm much quicker than the OEM flywheel, like a motorcycle bike. I did not mean that it will rev higher than the limiter. Hence it will not be suitable for every day driving.

right been to the JUN website and they do make a flywheel for the lexus. Gord any idea how much would it be? or would be better if i get one from a breakers?

right been to the JUN website and they do make a flywheel for the lexus. Gord any idea how much would it be? or would be better if i get one from a breakers?

About £350 to £450 new mate, you might get a price of prolex web site.

for a used one, broken one - if it even gets sent to the right place.

What I meant is that It will rise the enigne rpm much quicker than the OEM flywheel, like a motorcycle bike. I did not mean that it will rev higher than the limiter. Hence it will not be suitable for every day driving.

having had lighter flywheel fitted to a few of my cars to be honest you dont notice it that much you know it revs quicker but not that much quicker i had a e class amg 6 cylinder merc changed the flywheel to a lighter one,i knew it reved quicker but didnt feel much quicker if you know what i mean.(revs wise not speed)

Then minus £100 :whistling:

well just made my decision i am just going to look for a good condition OEM flywheel. dont think its worth the £400 for lightweight one if its just going to rev higher.

thanks guys hope you's could help me find a good condition flywheel

having had lighter flywheel fitted to a few of my cars to be honest you dont notice it that much you know it revs quicker but not that much quicker i had a e class amg 6 cylinder merc changed the flywheel to a lighter one,i knew it reved quicker but didnt feel much quicker if you know what i mean.(revs wise not speed)

You might be right mate. I have never used a lightweight flywheel so I do not know actually what is the difference.

well just made my decision i am just going to look for a good condition OEM flywheel. dont think its worth the £400 for lightweight one if its just going to rev higher.

thanks guys hope you's could help me find a good condition flywheel

The problem is that the OEM one is going to cost you a *lot* more than an aftermarket lightweight one, if you get it new.

Don't know if you can get a Blueprint OEM-spec flywheel ? Would be worth checking and finding out. Or just get your existing flywheel fixed if that's possible.