Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Adjusting The Handbrake.

Andy-R

How do I adjust the handbrake? is it a simple question of tightening the cable on the leaver or does it have to be done from underneath? changed the rear pads recently and want the handbarke to come on after a couple of clicks not nearly through the sunroof :whistling:

Cheers.

How do I adjust the handbrake? is it a simple question of tightening the cable on the leaver or does it have to be done from underneath? changed the rear pads recently and want the handbarke to come on after a couple of clicks not nearly through the sunroof :whistling:

Cheers.

You can do it from inside mate, pull back the leather cover and you will see bolts :D

And you can do also on the brake drum itself, about 6.30 on the drum, poke small screwdrive through hole and turn screw on both sides :D

I presume that turning the adjuster on the drum clockwise will "tighten" it and anti clockwise will "loosen" it?

Just wanted to check.

turning the adjuster up will tighten turning it down will loosen it.

best way to adjust..............turn the adjuster till you cant turn the drum then turn the adjuster back half a turn now spin the drum you should hear a light scuffing noise now put the rubber cap on job done now do the other side.

wheres the brake drum located?

mine dont need adjusted but would like to know how to do it.

thansk

Its where your rear wheel is attached :D the big round rusty thing that 5 studs stick out of :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wheres the brake drum located?

mine dont need adjusted but would like to know how to do it.

thansk

Its where your rear wheel is attached :D the big round rusty thing that 5 studs stick out of :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 months later...

I adjusted my brakes today as my handbrake is rediculously high.

At the hubs, it didnt need any adjusting, couple of clicks and the handbrake was engaged, so moved it back a click.

This had no effect on how high the lever is now. Would it be a case of tightening it up at the lever end now?

Chars!

Iain

EDIT: I got bored and fiddled with the handbrake, alot better now its adjusted at the lever end.