Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys,

Im hoping someone can help. I am currently running my 97 LS on 18" rims, however I have had to use 9.5mm spacers on the front so they clear the front 4 pot calipers. I need now to get some extended studs so the nuts will go on fully instead of half the amount at present! Can anyone tell me what length studs I would need for use with 9.5mm spacers? I have seen sets on eBay but only for Toyota but there are Lexus specif sets available from the US, but these state the thread length come in either 35mm, 45mm or 50mm. The 45mm studs say on the ad they are for use with up to 15mm spacers (I have emailed the guy but not got a response), but 45mm for the thread length doesnt seem that long to me? Does anyone know the standard length of a factory stud to save me having to bang one out and measure!! or has anyone else used extended studs on their LS and if so what size did you use. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Sorry I cannot offer much advice but found you a link that may help, it suggests buying the longer studs and then cutting them down to the required length.

I shouldn't suggest other forums seeing as LOC is the best but try a post on www.clublexus.com as they are more into modding.

Anyway here is the link

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?p=103417

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Also, I have another car not a Lexus!, but I am using the same 9.5mm spacers all round as the offsets on the wheels are too high and sit too far in the arches. When the spacers are put onto centre hub ring it makes the spacer flush to the ring, ie the wheel can no longer sit on the centre ring, therefore the wheel is held on by the bolts, these are extended as they are the bolt into the hub set up and not the studs out of the hub if you know what I mean. I know the centre ring is there to centre the wheel, but am I alright with just the 5 bolts holding the wheels to the hub now there is no centre ring to sit on?

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Also, I have another car not a Lexus!, but I am using the same 9.5mm spacers all round as the offsets on the wheels are too high and sit too far in the arches. When the spacers are put onto centre hub ring it makes the spacer flush to the ring, ie the wheel can no longer sit on the centre ring, therefore the wheel is held on by the bolts, these are extended as they are the bolt into the hub set up and not the studs out of the hub if you know what I mean. I know the centre ring is there to centre the wheel, but am I alright with just the 5 bolts holding the wheels to the hub now there is no centre ring to sit on?

The wheels should fit snugly on the spigots. If you must use spacers, use the hubcentric ones, and use spigot rings if the centre bore of the wheel is larger than the spigot diameter.

http://planetsoarer.com/offset/offset.htm

http://planetsoarer.com/offset/studs.htm